Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

New Blackberry protect on Bold 9900 has blanked out top info banner.

Hi!  I just downloaded the updated version of Blackberry Protect to my Blackberry Bold 9900 and now the top banner with the date and signal info is blank.  I have tried pulling the battery but it is still absent.  What do I do?  I'd be happy to go back to the previous version of the Protect if I knew how...

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold

Re: New Blackberry protect on Bold 9900 has blanked out top info banner.

i just had a simmilar story with my bold9700 white screen error 200 msg. is how i wound up here for support.

seems this new update is wiping out a lot of blackberrys.

took me a while but, what i did was to reconect my bb to pc with bb desk top soft ware. then it say it has a problem to connect to this device give u 2 option retry or update, sellect update. then u will get an option to select your device. do this will go to next page, here you can select which version u want to iinstall, i went right back to the version it came origgonaly loaded with version 5 and downgrade operating system.

was sweating buckets as i'd just got the phone 2 hours before and bb up date **bleep**ed it. but this brought it back to life.

still some small issues to sort out like it dont ring or give any alrets or play tune on memory card, but its working again so happy just for this.

hope this is of some assistance to you and other ppl with similar problem.

i read some of the tech support teams go here down load this install tryed all that but in the end found this method when i reconected phone to pc and it worked