Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Ugi4Naz
My Device: blackberry 8520 curve
My Carrier: Curve

New bbm version not showing in my app world

Hi, I am from South africa and I have an 8520 curve and I can't seem to download the new version, it gave me the option but says it's the version 6 !
Please someone help me as I really want the new version bbm!
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: New bbm version not showing in my app world

[ Edited ]

Here is the link, but see the notes.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3729/?lang=en&iid=BBM_DownloadBBM_GetBBM6

You have to have OS6 to get this version.  OS5 support is in the beta version which I don't think you are using now.

You could sign up here and download the beta version

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/login

Some more info:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Announcements/Announcing-BlackBerry-Messenger-7-0/td-p/200214...

My Device: blackberry 8520 curve
My Carrier: Curve

It's not working ... How do I know if I have OS6 support
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

What isn't working?  If you're using a 8520, then you have OS5.  The only way to get bbm with voice is to sign up on the beta zone.

My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Hello Ugi4Naz,

Wolf359's last message is technically correct: you can install the beta version of BB7 on your 8520, and benefit from the BBM Voice feature.

That being said :

the beta version of BBM7 that is available for OS5 is specifically a beta version. Meaning the audience that the people who will install that beta version are supposed to be savvy users, who agree to install a beta version (= it will have several bugs), and who are very confortable with it.

Since you do not know what is OS6, I advise you to wait until BBM7 is officially released for your 8520 (= after the beta test is over, in a few days).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.