Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Wordsgood
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Newbie needs help with Protect App

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and BlackBerry. Truth is it's the first cell I've had in years! I had to break down and get one for health and organisation reasons. Not that I don't like people, you understand, it's the fat bills I used to get that turned me off cells. :-)

Anyway, I did check through some previous posts but didn't see one that was specific to my problem.

I have a Curve 9320 (for a couple months now) and the BlackBerry Protect app already installed. I've been using it almost daily with no problems until now. Yesterday I had to retrieve a file I'd accidentally deleted (with the "help" of my cat), and it worked fine. Even after I used it to save everything again.

But today it apparently been updated and when I go into to back-up some calendar changes it won't let me past the "I Accept" or "Do Not Agree" screen. I clicked on
"I Accept" dozens of times and it just keep popping the same screen over and over again.

I'd appreciate any help offered. Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Newbie needs help with Protect App

Hello Wordsgood

Welcome to the forums. 

Can you please explain a bit more about what you mean by "when I go into to back-up some calendar changes" where are you going to backup your calendar changes? Can you provide us with some screen shots of what you are seeing and on what screens you are getting stuck at? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Wordsgood
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks for getting back to me. Weird thing happened though. I just went back in to try it one more time and voila! All fixed. I thinking asking for tech help must've scared it into submission, kinda like when your car stops making that funny noise the minute you take to the shop! :-)

Oh, to answer your question though, I back-up the whole phone every time. (I don't actually use my phone as a phone that much, but its been a huge help with scheduling, lists and quick notes to self.). I was freezing after the Protect App updated itself and only in that screen.

Ah well, seems to be fixed now so I'm happy! Again, thanks for trying to help.
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Glad to hear it is back up and running, let us know if you need anything else. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.