Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sagebrush
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

No MLB At Bat 13 on Bold - Big Mistake!

All of us baseball fans would like the MLB At Bat 13 available to BB users other than the few who have the new BB10. Keep in mind that many of the current BB users are on the fence about even getting a BB10 and not extending the MLB application to all the other BB users who have enjoyed this app in the past is a big mistake and one you need to fix.  I highly recommend making the At Bat 13 app avaiable to all BB users. All other baseball fans that feel the way I do need to make some noise! I've seen a couple of posts on this issue but no response from BB. So how about it BB? What's the deal.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mdur
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

Re: No MLB At Bat 13 on Bold - Big Mistake!

The main reason I switched to Blackberry and purchased my Bold was to be able to listen and follow baseball with MLB At Bat. The Bold is a great phone and have been happy with it. However, no longer having access to At Bat is forcing me to buy a new phone. The uncertainty that At Bat will be supported by BB Z10 in a couple of years, like the Bold, means I won't even consider staying with Blackberry. Don't know if this is BB and/or MLB cutting current BB users off but I agree that it needs to be fixed.
Please use plain text.
sasqman
My Carrier: Telus

Total BS!! This is the best app ever!! Really pissed off! Just upgraded to a Bold 9900 last week and now can't get At Bat 13? I was really thinking of going to an android, but decided to stick with what I know and like. If this doesn't get solved soon, bye bye to my blackberry and I will make the change over! So many people I know use this app with their BB, and they are operating on everything but the Z10!! The Q10 isn't even out yet!!!!! Where are my options when I need a new phone, and I don't want a touch texting phone, but I want the friggen' AT BAT app!!!! Dammmit
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I can feel your frustration.

You can feel free to post here, no issue. But it won't help you get the app.

If you want the app (not just whining :smileywink: ), then tell MLB how you feel, and DEMAND the app for OS7.

the email of the BB10 app developer is here , right under the version number.
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/25899875/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sagebrush

Thanks, Xandrex. I have sent the e-mail to demand support for OS7. I encourage others to do the same. Let's make some noise and some action. Sent that e-mail right now!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sagebrush

I just received an e-mail response back from MLB Advanced Media makers of the At Bat 13 app. I requested that they make the At Bat 13 app available to all Blackberry users and not just those who have BB10. Here is their response:

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
At Bat 13 for Blackberry Bold

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response Via Email(rcronemeyer) - 04/23/2013 03:29 PM

Thank you for sending your e-mail.  We have logged your request and it will be reviewed for a future release.  We value our user’s feedback as it helps us continually deliver an improved product.

If you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service toll-free at 866-800-1275.

Sincerely,
MLB.com Customer Service

As you can see, it is going to take many of us to get the message across that we want At Bat 13 for all BlackBerry users. You can do your part by sending an e-mail to mlb-mobile-cs@mlb.com and letting them know you want  At Bat 13.  Let's let MLB Advanced Media know what we want. Feel free to distribute this information far and wide to other MLB fans that no longer have access to MLB because their BlackBerry is not the new BB10!

Please use plain text.
sasqman
My Carrier: Telus

I will send my email later!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mdur
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks for the email link Xandrex. I just sent an email. I also sent mlb emails during spring training asking about this and only received automated responses. Called tech support 3 times too and was told no at bat for BB users, only Z10. But I plan to call them again because I'm stubborn. I called the number on the mlb website.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clemmiez
My Device: Bold 9700, Q-!)
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I called MLB today and they said the decision was made jointly between them AND Blackberry.  Why?  Because MLB updated their website during the off season and their new website will not work with older Blackberry phones.  Only the new 10 operating system.  So, we who LOVE our 9700s and other older 'Berries are screwed.  I don't want or need a multi-media phone.  I have a laptop and an iPad.  I want a phone that works well as a phone, has email capability, and can play radio.  And one that keeps a several day long charge as my 9700 does.  I had tried the 9900 but it needed recharging every 8 hours - a real minus when you do free lance work on location have to have a phone at the ready at all times (and may not be anywhere near an electrical outlet).  But I degress....  RIM/BLACKBERRY should have publicized the fact that MLB At Bat 13 would no longer work on their older phones and they should have given some kind of discount to upgrade to the new system.  Or made the 10 operating system available for download on older phones.  Something!  Now, they're going to drive away long time customers like myself.  Never wanted an iPhone.  Until now.  Dumb move, RIMM/Blackberry.  You could have tried to keep your old customers happy instead of driving them away.  

Please use plain text.