Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
SKriheli
My Device: Storm 9500

No sound alert on WhatsApp & Facebook app issue

Hello,

I have Storm 9500, (no Wi-Fi)

I installed WhatsApp recently, and when I get a message from someone in my list, I don't get a sound alert (like iPhone for ex.), I only get an icon alert in the upper side of the phone, which is kinda annoying.

I looked for something in the Settings menu, and there's nothing there that reminds the word 'sound' or even something similar. 

Wanted to know how to enable a sound alert when I get a message.

Another issue is the Facebook app, 

I have no access to App World because there's no support in Israel to App World for now, I guess it will be soon. I looked for the Facebook app around the net, but all the results directs me to App World.

Is there any other choice to get the Facebook + Chat app somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SKriheli
My Device: Storm 9500

Re: No sound alert on WhatsApp & Facebook app issue

Any advice, guys?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

SKriheli wrote:

I installed WhatsApp recently (...)

Wanted to know how to enable a sound alert when I get a message.

the sound alert is called a notification. You can have several types of notifications, and you can mix them :

• sound
  • LED
  • vibration

the notifications are configured at the device level, not in the application.

from the home screen, go to the profiles icon and click on it. you will find the several profiles (loud, silent, phone only and so on).

if you choose to edit one, in the IM section, you will see all Instant messengers that you have installed.

you will be able to configure the notifications you want for a new incoming What'sApp event.

SKriheli wrote:

I have no access to App World (...)

Is there any other choice to get the Facebook + Chat app somewhere?

yes, please read another message from me:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-Applications-for/Facebook-Chat/m-p/768597#M7962

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
rafanpiro
My Device: curve 9320

I have the same problem but when I go to profiles, whatsapp app does not appear anywhere. I have gtalk, twitter, yahoo, line... but no whatsapp
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Hello rafanpiro,

which version of whatsapp are you using ?
I am using version 2.8.7345,

and in the profiles section, the setting is in the category "Other" (the one that contains the Browser notifications).

if you don't see it, try opening WhatsApp first (and register with the SMS stuff and so on, until you are able to send & receive messages from a WhatsApp contact).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.