Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lilprncezita
My Device: Curve 8520

Not Receiving Pictures on BBM

It seems my contacts aren't able to send me pictures on BBM. When they attempt to send them they get a message that says, "User is unable to save image", however I don't get a message in regard to the pictures at all. I'm using the latest version of BBM and have a Curve 8520 for T-Mobile. 

Any suggestions? 

cecorona

Re: Not Receiving Pictures on BBM

Neither is mine. I can send pictures but it's not letting me recieve any.

Mare520

I have the same phone and the same problem.  T-Mobile and BlackBerry both indicated that since the 8520 is an older model I will not be able to recieve pics through BBM.  Good thing I'm due for an upgrade soon... still annoying

New Contributor
lilprncezita

My friend has the same phone for AT&T and she gets pictures. Now I feel that this is another reason in which to hate T-Mobile. Thanks for the respond. I don't understand why if I was getting pictures before though, it stopped allowing it. :No:

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

where are your images supposed to be stored? if it is on the device, did you check whether you have enough memory to store those pics ?
I suggest you tell BBm to save pictures on the media card.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
lilprncezita

All pictures are stored on the media card and the media card has plenty of space. 

Guru I
Xandrex

home screen >> options >> status
how much "File Free" do you have?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
lilprncezita

102789336 Bytes

Guru I
Xandrex

Hello liprncezita,

it is more than enough.

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

dolby_nr

i have the exact problem on my curve 8520, and this started to happen when i updated to 5.0 and bbm also updated, then my sister own the same phone and it was OK, but i did her updates too and found out that happened the same thing with her phone, stopped receiveng pictures with that message. Since then i have tried the hard reset several times not having any results, then i tried uninstalling and installing back the BBM with prevous backup of contactas and no result also. I am starting to think that this version is not made for the curve 8520 and maybe we have to forget about receiving pictures...or wait untill Blackberry fixes this issue in next update