Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Llyrsmith
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

Paid for Beepus app, won't install, Can someone help please??

Hi,

I have a BB Curve 8520 and remember having Beepus when it first came out and it was free. After a while I deleted the app. A year or so later I want it back again and now it costs money. Ok fine thats no problem, so i paid the money for the app and it took me to my uninstalled folder in my app world and began re-installing it. However it keeps failing and I have no idea why and what to do about it.

This is the second time I have paid for an app now and it hasnt installed, i let the first one go but don't see why i should be paying for an app that won't install on my blackberry. It's been on there before, so I don't know what the problem is. Has anyone else had problems with this?

Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Lee

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Paid for Beepus app, won't install, Can someone help please??

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Llyrsmith
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

sdgardne,

I followed your instructions and your option 3a.

I have to say it worked perfectly!! I also have to say, I had my reservations when i was being pointed in this direction (towards the forums) by Blackberry when all i wanted was to contact them directly.

But my experience on here has be quick, efficient, reliable and correct!!

Thank you very, very much.

Much appreciated, Kind Regards,

Lee.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are very welcome! I'm glad it worked for you.

Regarding support -- please understand that, per all contractual obligations, BlackBerry provides zero front-line support for anything. All formal support starts with the carriers, resellers, and authorized service centers (it varies depending on region, issue, etc.)...all who can escalate cases up to BlackBerry that require such, but the "first contact" cannot (contractually) be with BlackBerry directly (well, not for free...there is a fee-based method for those who wish to bypass their contract). But, they have hosted this site, as a user-to-user community, supported by volunteers who try their best to help out other kind souls who are in need. I'm glad that this model worked out for you.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.