Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
trackdroover
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Pandora app

I downloaded the Pandora app (internet radio) to my Curve. Absolutely love it. Problem is this: wgen the Firewall is turned on, a box pops up and says Pandora is trying go to some website, or another (can't remember the exact one) and I need to click on either 'Aloow' or 'Deny'. (ie-app permission). This happens two or three times every other song, or so. I've gone everywhere I can think of in Options to set it up as a trusted app, but to no avail. Does anyone know how to remedy this without leaving the firewall turned off? Pardon my French, but this Friggin' dilemma makes the app all but unusable. And before anyone suggests Slacker radio, it is ten times worse at this than Pandora. Slacker triggered this app permission box several times EVERY song and even after I closed the app. Thanks if anyone can help.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Pandora app

If you uninstall and reinstall the app,  when you first start the app do you only get a prompt to allow all connections or something to that effect? I can't remember the exact message but if you choose the allow option when it's first installed you shouldn't get that prompt repeatedly.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trackdroover

Re: Re: Pandora app

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I deleted the app (BTW, the app comes from Pandora's website, not the BlackBerry store) and reinstalled it. Afterwards, it only prompted me every other song instead of every one. Some improvement I guess-only half as aggravating. HAHA I don't recall exactly what the HTNLs are, but one is for the music stream, one is for text, one is for graphics, etc. It prompts for each one. Thanks for reply and suggestion. I am tempted to make sure my BB has latest updates and platform. Not sure that this would solve anything, but couldn't hurt
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trackdroover

Re: Re: Re: Pandora app

Thanks again jmrmb80. I took your advice and deleted the app and reinstalled it (again, hehe). There's a box to check before clicking on the download that dealt with app permissions. I went in and set everything to 'ALLOW'and then clicked 'DOWNLOAD' So far, so good. Unfortunately, I'm travelling and am in an area where the cell signal isn't strong enough to stream music, but will know more when I get to a metro area. But, I think the problem may be solved. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Re: Re: Pandora app

Good deal! That's the box I was referring to. If you need any more assistance let me know. If it does indeed work can you resolve the thread when you get a chance. That way others that may be having the same problem can easily find the answer.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
trackdroover

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pandora app

Right, hope this may help someone. Tha app works much better now. The first time I opened it to play music, it asked me for permission twice and once more about 30 minutes later. The second time it asked me only once and played flawlessly. I think the one thing that popped up had to do with some ad on the site, not the music itself (which I can deal with on occasion). All in all, if anyone hasn't tried internet radio (Slacker or Pandora) I highly recommend it. It's a blast. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.