Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
sabrepig
My Device: Not Specified

Pandora not working

I tried to download Pandora onto my Curve today and it asked me to set applications. I clicked "allow" to everything, and I still got the black screen that said "Pandora" on it. The very first time I tried to get onto it, it asked for permission to some site with http in front of it. I clicked "deny" and I haven't been able to get back to it, no matter how many times I delete the app off my Blackberry and start over. What am I doing wrong and what should my settings be at to be safe with information I have on my Blackberry but still allow Pandora to operate so I have music? Thanks.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Pandora not working

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
sabrepig

Thanks. I actually got it to work "somehow." But actually, my concern now is this...........in order to work, it asks me to "allow" pandora past my firewall in several areas (something or other, interaction and "user data"). I'm a little concerned about the "user data" thing since I don't want Pandora getting into my emails, etc. Am I wrong about how this works? Can I hit "allow" on all of them without compromising security? Let me know. Thanks.
Guru I
Xandrex

you should ask on the Pandora forum what are the minimum requirements as far as the firewall is concerned, for Pandora to work entirely.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
sabrepig

well, I apparently have the minimum because it's working and it says it's enabled. My question is, how much firewall do I need in general? In other words, does minimizing the firewall to accomodate Pandora put me at risk and also if I click "allow" under the "user date" tab, does that give Pandora access to my emails, or anything else stored on my Blackberry? Thanks.
Guru I
Xandrex

only a Pandora developer or PR can answer your questions, sorry.