Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
carlseba
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell
Accepted Solution

PlayBook Pop-Up

I keep getting this pop up whenever I connect to the internet on my playbook. It says "

Verify Certificate" it is from facebook.com. I don't have to be on facebook and it comes up all the time whether I am on a different website or even when I am video chatting.

It's very annoying.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: PlayBook Pop-Up

This is a problem on Facebook's end.

To get rid of the popup, you'll need to remove your Facebook Messages account. Hopefully, FB gets it fixed at some point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carlseba
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell

Hi

Thanks I will try your suggestion. Now this defeats the purpose of having multiple accounts.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Yeah. It's not a problem with the PB, though. It's a Facebook server/certificate issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

it is also possible to readd your facebook account, and at the bottom pf the popup, accept to trust the certificate. Since it is one owned by facebook.com , I did that.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.