Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: XL

Please help PIN change after accidentally clicking device switch

this is pretty foolish on my side but after installing bbm 7 on my bbm,

I have 2 blackberry an onyx and bold 9900

i realised that i accidentally did a device switch from my onyx to bold and realised after that i actuallly have one blackberry ID linked to 2 blackberrys. I quickly reassigned the ID back to the onyx. As a result, I now have 2 blackberry with the same pin number. The onyx bbm is working but now has bbm contacts of both blackberrys combine while the bold bbm is no longer working. I have now created a new ID for the bold but how do you reverse the pin numbers so that each has their own unique pin.

Anyone experienced this before or has any solution please.

thank you in advance

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Please help PIN change after accidentally clicking device switch

hello,

until BBM6, your BBM ID was your BlackBerry PIN (the 8-character unique identifier).

Starting BBM7, your unique ID becomes the BBID (BlackBerry ID).

What happened is this:
when you upgraded your BBM, and used your BBID, BBM7 merged both BBM accounts, into the BBID that you used.

This cannot be reversed.

What you need to do is :

1. create a new BBID for your 9900.
  2. assign this new BBID to your 9900
  3. on your 9700, delete the contacts that should belong to the 9900
  4. on your 9900, delete the contacts that should belong to the 9700.
  5. keep in mind that from now on, a BBID is unique to one set of "smartphone + tablet". You must not use the same BBID for two smartphones or for two tablets, except when you switch device to replace one by another.

for step2, please read these two articles from the public knowledge base:

KB32514 How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry smartphone

KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: