Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jzajac
My Device: Not Specified

Podcast App mirroring all podcast files

I had been enjoying the BlackBerry podcast app until the last month or so, when I noticed that overnight my podcast files had doubled. What seems to be happening is that all my downloaded files are being mirrored in a new "channel" that is labeled "unknown". The files will play, but can not be deleted from this channel. The only way to remove them is to delete every file from my memory card and then re-download OTA. After a few days, the "unknown" channel comes back and I'm right back where I started. I have tried everything I can think of ( unsubscribing and resubscribing, deleting the app entirely and reinstalling with multiple battery pulls in between, the works) and nothing helps at all. For what it's worth, I'm on a Bold 9650 on Verizon running their official 6.0.0.431. I can't find any place to actually contact RIM for support, and this issue has me on the brink of never listening to podcasts again. I'm getting quite frusterated and would love some support. Please help!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Podcast App mirroring all podcast files

you can get support by going to the AppWorld, on the Podcast page :

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/788

top right corner, you have the support email address.

that being said,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
jzajac

I have done both the soft reboot and hard reboot multiple times with no success. They actually help to create the problem, for every time that I delete all files and reinstall them the program works fine until I plug in for data backup or do any type of phone reset. Afterwards as soon as I open the podcast app the Unknown channel shows up again. I do have an email in to the support address from AppWorld though, and I am waiting for a response. Thank you for the help, I'll post the fix if RIM has any answers for me.

New Contributor
jzajac

Well that was fast. Got an automated email that said I couldn't get direct support and to go to the forums for help. How helpful...

Anyway, these are screenshots of what I see. The (Unknown) channel is what is giving me problems. Any more help would greatly be appreciated.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

jzajac wrote:

Well that was fast. Got an automated email that said I couldn't get direct support and to go to the forums for help. How helpful...

I am sorry I gave you the wrong link. The Podcast AppWorld page is here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13125

did you contact appworldsupport @ blackberry.com ?

I don't have the Podcast application (not available in Europe yet) but you should try to delete all podcasts on your device, maybe it will make a refresh in the cache file.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
jzajac

Yes, the App World Support email address is the one I used which provided an automated response saying they don't provide help. And I have tried deleting all podcasts as well which didn't help either, because the next time I rebooted the device the unknown channel would return. It's starting to look like I will have to just live with this issue which I am really unhappy about.