Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
txdoc
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problem: Facebook on BB 8800 - NOT SOLVED YET

Hi,

I looked up the previous posts with solutions, but they only work for AT&T and not for T-Mobile.

Until a few days ago I was using facebook 1.5 on blackberry 8800 with T-mobile and it worked great. I received the notification to upgrade to 1.6 and now the application does not work. No icon anywhere, no way to start it. I tried changing theme, removing and reinstalling a few times - nothing. I downloaded a leaked 1.5 from crackberry forums and tried to install it from the computer - but it says files are missing.

So now I need a link that I can go to with the blackberry and download the old facebook 1.5 again.

Being on Tmobile I cannot upgrade to blackberry software 4.5, The latest we have is 4.2.1.74. I also asked our IS people, and they say everyone that has Tmobile had the same problem and they do not know a solution for it. I sent a request for assistance to the blackberry support but have received no response yet. Hopefully soon.

Please let me know where I can find facebook 1.5 for the blackberry.

Thank you fo any advice, your help is appreciated!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problem: Facebook on BB 8800 - NOT SOLVED YET

Your IS department won't allow you to upgrade to another providers 4.5 release... ?

There is absolutely nothing that can hard the device or their BES. You should ask, there really is no reason you shouldn't.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
txdoc

I actually asked yesterday - because I saw on the board that those upgrading to 4.5 solved the problem. Apparently they say that as Tmobile customers we can unly upgrade to the latest version that Tmobile is with - which is that 4.2.something. The 4.5 they say is available only for AT&T and I think they said Verizon.

The guy was actually trying to be helpful, even if I asked about facebook which is not used for work purposes. He looked online for a download site but could not find one either. So his final suggestion was to ask blackberry to provide me with a link to download the old 1.5 again. Which I did, but no answer.

Thanks.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I am not aware of any 1.5 download link still available. I know some users who had backed up their device to their PC, can retrieve and install the 1.5 version from their PC.

For the OS upgrade, I believe nearly every other carrier in the world has released OS 4.5 for the 8800, except for Tmobile. Any of the other carrier releases will work with your Tmobile device.. any of them. You just need to get permission from your IT people to install it.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/194898-latest-os-8800-4-5-0-254-4-5-0...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

A new version of Facebook has been released that should address this issue. Go ahead and remove the version you have installed (Options >> Advanced Options >> Applications) and download the newest bundle.

It worked!

Thank you very much!!!