Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
LeeG
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

Problem w/WeatherChannel App

I've been satisfied with the WeatherChannel App, but last week attempted to upgrade since a new version is available.

Since that attempt, I end up in a "loading" mode each time I try to use that app.  I deleted the app, but it's still apparently on my BB.  When I view it in MyWorld - where it still shows it as "installed" - I can not get the menu to appear that would permit me to select uninstall (I have no problems viewing the menu on other apps).  If I click to view the app at that point, it puts me in "loading" mode, and the app never opens up for use.

Need some help resolving, as I really would like to use this app (I've installed WeatherBug in the meantime, but prefer WeatherChannel).

Blackberry Tour 9630 (3G, CDMA)

v4.7.1.61 (Platform 4.1.0.81)

BB App World version 1.1.0.24

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LeeG
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Problem w/WeatherChannel App

Well, looks like I resolved this on my own.  For those of you experiencing this or similar problems: I connected my BB to the website, checked for updates, and while installing the most recent update, I had WeatherChannel removed. 

I was then able to successfully (and wirelessly) reinstall the WeatherChannel app (from the archives).

Looks like I'm back in business -- although it took several hours to resolve.

Please use plain text.