Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
DanReese
My Device: Not Specified

Problems Activating Trimble Outdoors

I purchased Trimble Outdoors from AppWorld a couple of weeks ago.

When I enter the License key provided by AppWorld, 04602xxxxxx, the application (Trimble Outdoors) cuts off the leading zero.  When I try to activate with this truncated license key, Trimble  Outdoors displays a message stating:  "You don't appear to have a valid unlock code for your subscription.  If you need any help,please contact support at 1-800-773-5996." 

I called that # and they said the code was invalid and I had to contact App World.  It appears to me that their app is crappy and is treating a string like a number, but that is beside the point. 

I found this thread:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=applications&message.id=628&query.id=... that says I have to use the support @ https://www.blackberry.com/CSOHelp/index.do?ft=generic

I tried that, but that says I am entering an invalid PIN for my device and won't let me continue.  I am not entering an invalid pin, I cut and pasted it from the Options screen into a word doc and emailed it to myself.  If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Problems Activating Trimble Outdoors

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

There have been some PIN issues on RIM sites lately -- mine included. There is a specific process you need to conduct, but it cannot be posted in these public forums. Please check your PM's on this site for a message from me with those instructions.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code