Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Problems Activating Trimble Outdoors

I purchased Trimble's Geocache Navigator and had troubles entering the activation key.  Since then the device has turned off and I didn't writed down the key.  I contacted Trimble, and they had trouble finding my order (I provided order# and PayPal transaction ID).  So they had me uninstall the app, and install it OTA from them until they could resolve the issue with BlackBerry.  The problem is that the OTA version is older than the version available on BB App World.  I've tried contacting BlackBerry with the nice automated system, however, BlackBerry automated system seems to think my BlackBerry's PIN is invalid (even though I'm staring at it on my phone) and thus I'm not allowed to continue (great system BTW).

Please let me know if there is a way to get the app's $29.99 key so I can have the latest version that I paid for.

Thanks for the help!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems Activating Trimble Outdoors

Hi there!

To re-install your apps, please follow this section of the AppWorld user guide:

For more registration key information, see this KB:

In addition...RIM has released AppWorld version 1.1.0.15...it is highly recommended to be on that version.

Concerning the Bad PIN response from the RIM systems...that indeed is a problem for many (myself included). To deal with that, I've sent you, on this forum site, a Private Message with the instructions we've been provided (by RIM) to give out (those instructions cannot be posted on the public forums, btw).

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I appreciate your reply to my post, however, reinstalling the app does nothing for me.  Installing the app from BB App World installs the "trial" version and there is no key in My World.  As I said in my OP, Trimble had me uninstall it, and install an OTA version from http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/rim/get which does indeed work, but is an older version 2.0.7 vs 2.0.12, and not the version from BB App World.  Additionally, I can't go to My World per the KB article and retrieve my purchased key, because the app isn't installed there, so there's nothing to see.  Even if I do reinstall through BB App World, there is no key.  I have a nice reciept from PayPal and BB, but no key to show for it.

New Contributor

redfish907,

Both versions are the same 2.0 - the last number(s) reflect the vendor which supplied the software and/or specific blackberry model version. The features remain the same with both versions (2.0).  We certainy apologize for the confusion.  If you have any further questions or concerns please contact support@trimbleoutdoors.com

Thanks,

Rebecca

New Contributor

Thanks.  I'll definitely send an email, as I would love to have the key I paid for.