Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
noelia96
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

Problems with BlackBerry Messenger.

[ Edited ]
Good afternoon,
I've been having problems with BlackBerry Messenger for one week. When I try to send a message, a red cross appears instead of black tick with D or R. It only happens with some contacts. I thought that could be BIS but my WhatsApp, Browser, UberSocial and other apps work properly. Even electronic mail (I've my Gmail connected with my BB) operates good. I've tried to reboot it, to uninstall and install again the app, to registering again via Host Routing Table,  to send again the service books... Does anyone know the reason? Is someone suffering the same like me? 
Thank you so much!

New Contributor
sadie123
My Device: curve 8520

Re: Problems with BlackBerry Messenger.

Hey:smileyhappy: im having the exact same problem with my phone! i dont have a clue whats going on, ive tried everything i can think of but still not getting anywhere.

New Contributor
noelia96
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Hey! :smileywink:

Oh, I'm sorry. It's a nuisance! I've been having problems for one week... I hope your BlackBerry works properly soon. If you know something more about this, let me know, please! I was hopeless. I though that no one would answer me but... at last! I searched all over the Internet and I didn't find anything...

Developer
dwaynedm
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Hey, 

You said that it happens only with some BBM contacts.

Try getting them to BBM you.

Often, such errors are just temporary.

Let me know what happens! :smileyhappy:

1. If any post helps you please click  Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

:smileyhappy:

Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

[ Edited ]

I think your BB mate have no BIS so you can't send them messages.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

hesh4
My Device: curve 9360

I have Curve 9360 and since I bought it I can't find the option SEND to send any file or photo through the BB Messenger .I updated with last version nothing happened then I sent it to the agent to downloaded a new software also nothing happened.

Does anyone have Advice?

New Contributor
Jessicaenty
My Device: Curve 9300

Hello, how did you solve the problem of getting your bbm back working mines having the same problem,
The Red Cross keeps coming up and I don't know why?

Please reply?!
New Contributor
Jessicaenty
My Device: Curve 9300

Please let me know how you got your bbm back working? As I'm going threw the same thing? X
janette21
My Device: blackberry 8520

Hi I have been having problems with my internet and bbm I phoned my network and they told me different steps but none worked they then told me blackberry have my details and it will get fixed but its still not working can you help? X

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

janette21 wrote:

Hi I have been having problems with my internet and bbm I phoned my network and they told me different steps but none worked they then told me blackberry have my details and it will get fixed but its still not working can you help? X

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

That post is a tad bit confusing, especially lacking adequate punctuation to understand where your sentence breaks are. But, if I am interpreting it correctly, then your carrier already has escalated your case up to BlackBerry and you are waiting to hear back for status. Is that correct? If so, then until you hear back, you should have no expectation of functionality anyway. I suggest you either continue to wait or ring them back up and ask for status.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code