Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
readyz
My Device: Bold 9700

Quicklaunch activation license invalid

Hello,

I purchased QuickLaunch on BB app world and used some days but when updated QL to 4.7 i found license invalid when i typed it into phone.

Nikkisoft FAQ contains solution for this case, remove QL and then remove app world and then install app world  and QL again but not brought solution.

I use a 9700 Bold.

Please help me if you can, i would like to use QL because i found it useful and i paid for it to use.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Quicklaunch activation license invalid

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It may be that the code is different...beyond what you were already told, please recheck inside of AppWorld for the registration key information:

• KB18646 How to locate and enter the license key for an application purchased through BlackBerry App World

In some cases, it has been discovered that updates (from AppWorld obtained apps) require additional steps in order to install the update. If the update will not install, please attempt this:

1. Remove the App:
    • KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  2. AppWorld > MyWorld > Login > highlight the app (if it shows at all, in any state) > blackberry_logo.jpg > Delete
  3. Use either your PC (via Mass Storage Mode) or your BB (via Media > blackberry_logo.jpg > Explore) and find any references (folders, files) to the app. Delete whatever you find. Search both your Device Memory as well as your Media Card.
  4. Now reinstall the app via AppWorld -- a new registration/activation key should then be provided

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
readyz

Hello,

thank you for fast response...

1. Navigate to the My World section of BlackBerry App World.
  2. Highlight the affected application.
  3. Press the Menu key (to the left of the trackpad/trackball).
  4. Click the View registration key option.
  5. A small window will pop up with the registration key. Click Copy.

So i have no such option that "view registration key"  when i highlighted QL in myworld in installed section but i paid for it via paypal.It did not bring solution unfortunately.

Then i tried second recommendation but that was unsuccesful too.

I wrote to nikkisoft i hope there will be solution.

Thank you again.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hmmmm...you might try then to clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

You may want to try a few different scenarios with that...e.g., removing the app, then clearing the cache, then reinstalling the app. Other variations may also help.

Otherwise, hopefully the developer will be willing to help you out.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
readyz

Thank you, i tried all things you advised but no solution at all.

I think nikkisoft should send me a new license key...

I cleared cache too and reinstall but nothing...

In every case i got message for my license that is invalid.

i am waiting for response of nikkisoft.

Thank you for help.