Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

RE : skype

Will blackberry ever make skype avilable?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: RE : skype

Skype is available for BlackBerry. Check this link  but it was made exclusive to Verizon subscribers only.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: tigo guatemala

When will it be available for other phones.  Today having Skype is a MUST especially when emergencies like the one that just happen in Japan occur...you should have it available for everyone not just for Verizon.  I believe skype is one of the best features ever invented I bought my skype phone as soon as was able.  I was living in London at that time and they had a great plan in the company 3.  Unfortunately, in Guatemala I cannot use my Skype phone...now I have a Blackberry which is supposed to be the Business tool of today, an although very useful it does not help in this situations.  Thank god for Whatsapp if it wouldn't have been for this tool it would have been terrible to bear this tragedy in Japan.  My mom is in Japan and we were able to communicate at all times thanks with both Skype and Whatsapp; however, I was stuck with my computer at all times.  She was surviving the emergency and upating us with the status only with her phone which is what should be nowadays.  Of course she has an iphone.  So I wonder when will this feature be available for everyone.  It is not only fair but also an necessity in today's life. Please write me with some answers on when will this feature be available for everyone.  

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello mac0782,

I read what you have written. But remember you are writting on a community forum. The people here have to power to do anything about that, even if they agree with you.

I suggest you contact Skype directly and give them your thoughts about a BlackBerry client : http://about.skype.com/where-is-skype/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Strom -2 - 9520
My Carrier: SK telecom

dude... I understood u'r interest of having skype... use IM+Talk application...its like a "Skype" substitution... I have friends all round the world...and its impossible with out skype ....

just give a try..its a bit expensive but fine... not as good as iPhone application... :smileysad:

- Just do it ... !