Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Retired
MichelleK
My Device: Blackberry Bold

RIM is listening

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to let you know we are listening, despite our silence. We have been monitoring the conversations closely this morning on the App World board, and a number of groups here are working on resolving issues that you have notified us about with respect to App World. 

Please post any problems you are having, with as many details as possible so that we can deliver those messages to the teams here working on App World.   MichelleCommunity Manager

Message Edited by MichelleK on 04-01-2009 11:52 AM
<

-mk

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

rh
New Contributor
rh
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RIM is listening

no  one from RIM has answered why I am getting a failed to transmit message on my 9530 on the verizon network.  All my other applications are working.
Retired
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Just an FYI, we are investigating with rh, and once a solution is found, this will be posted in the forum as well.

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Contributor
weemdog

No has replied on any of the threads about the fact that we can't connect to the App World server either.
New Contributor
ejeffords

Blackberry Bold on the ATT network. software version: 4.6.0.167 (platform 4.0.0.157) 

"Failed to Transmit" Error after the loading screen.

I have redownloaded it, i have rebooted it, I have sent service books from BIS, no luck.

Can you please give us a status update on this, apparently widespread, error?

Thank you in advance.

Contributor
psbourque

I am having the same problem. I have a Storm with Bell and i keep getting

"Blackberry App World is having trouble connectingb to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again."

I've spoken with Bell and tried other websites. It only happens with App World.

New Contributor
kmistry

Agreed - where is RIM on this. Feels like they are totally unprepared for this app store launch & not responding to lots of user frustration - what a huge shame

New Contributor
ejeffords

Im on the same page as you, it feels like this thing was rushed to market to capitalize on the curernt popularity of Blackberry and to compete with apple.  However, it looks like some further testing should have been done.  Especially since phones on Verizon and ATT that are brand new, ie Storm and Bold, are having this error too.  Its easy to play armchair quarterback, but I really would expect some sort of response from RIM on the subject rather than a blanket post on a forum.
Contributor
weemdog

Apparently, the issue with connecting to the App World server is a BES related problem.  Anyone from RIM care to comment?
New Contributor
hazpoco

I'm not on BES and I'm having the "failed to transmit" problem.