Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
weemdog
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RIM is listening

There is a failed to transmit issue and an issue with not being able to connect to the App World server.  Two separate issues.  Multiple threads on both issues.  No word from RIM on either one that I can see.
Retired
DarkBES
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Hi weemdog,

We appreciate your patience as we investigate any and all possible issues.

I'm not aware of issues related to BES. I'm on a BES and haven't experienced any problems as of yet. The only 2 potential issues would be if the the application was blocked via IT Policy as described in the following articles.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17660

If these IT Policies were in place, the BlackBerry user would receive either of the following messages:

An IT policy has disabled 3rd party application downloads. Please contact your administrator.

or

An IT policy has disabled this application on this device. Please contact your administrator.

The error messages are pretty clear and it sounds like people experiencing issues are having a different problem.

Contributor
lost180
My Device: 9530 Storm

What does "Error type: 100002" mean? There's no KB article on that one, at least that I can search for...
New Contributor
dshade69

Darkbes, 

We have no BES restrictions at my company.  I am able to download the app store OTA with no issues.  When attempting to run app store however I get the same app world connection error message.  I have since wiped my blackberry  and tried app world with BES set up and it still did not work.  After that I wiped and did NOT set up BES and app world is working with no issues.

Please read the messages here and on crackberry if you are able.  Some BES users are experiencing issues with app world. 

Contributor
weemdog

DarkBES, thanks for the response.  We also don't have any restrictions on our BES.  It is basically wide open as far as the IT policy is concerned.  Maybe we need to be on a different version or release?  We are on 4.1 but I can't remember which service pack we are on.

New Contributor
dgrizzard
My Device: Storm 9530

[ Edited ]

Honestly the title of this thread is just asking for it.

Storm users such as myself know for a fact that RIM may be listening, but the problem is they aren't saying much!

This thread is in regards to the app world though, so I'll save that for another time. BES does seem to be part of the problem atleast, on a Storm here and when joined to BES I cannot connect to app world, getting the "App world is having trouble connecting to the App World Server" message. When I wipe the phone and keep it off BES it works fine.

I'm the BES Admin at my company so my phone is in an IT policy with no restrictions (or logging :smileywink: )

Message Edited by dgrizzard on 04-01-2009 03:44 PM
New Contributor
rturro

Anyone at RIM working on this Pearl problem, we aren't able to download App World.   see this thread   .http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=appworld&thread.id=60

thanks

New Contributor
SIAFL

Using a Storm from Telus.
Downloaded WindTrack

Payment accepted and taken from PayPal

During download message error:

Unable to obtain license key.  Error ID:  30509

Download did not complete but the money was taken from my account.  Who do I contact to resolve this issue?

Retired
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hi all,

We are continuing to investigate all issues with this exciting new product. 

Please feel free to post any or all issues you are experiencing, as well as details of how they have occurred, in the appropriate thread so that these issues can be reviewed by all members of the community in an organized fashion, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
New Contributor
ejeffords

I think its pretty clear what the 2 issues are....

failure to transmit

cannot connect

This thread has taken off since it is the only thread that seems to have any sort of RIM feedback.  This is, in my opinion, a trainwreck from a PR standpoint, and should be taken more seriously, other than a few canned responses.

We are all waiting for a resolution, or at least some sort of explanation of what is underway to resolve the problem  Telling us that you are listening doesnt really help us, when we see no actions.

Sorry for the tone, but it is very frustrating to be ignored as a valuable customer