If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Community Manager (Retired)
MichelleK
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: RIM is listening

[ Edited ]
I know it may not feel as though we are getting to all of your questions, but behind the scenes we do have a team of BlackBerry Technical Advisors who are answering questions and resolving issues. Please do be patient and I am sure the wrinkles will be ironed out soon!  Remember to do a search on the board as there are many duplicate questions, and even duplicate boards at this time – so perhaps your question has already been answered by a BlackBerry Technical Advisor or by the community.  

Thanks for all your input on this thread,

Michelle

Community Manager

Message Edited by MichelleK on 04-01-2009 05:06 PM
<

-mk

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I am having problems in download process. It says I dont meet the system requirements, yet I do meet every single one. I am using a curve 8320 on tmobile and am using os 4.5.0.81. I am also in the US. Please help
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kennetha_zulian
My Device: Pearl 8130

I see that someone posted a thread about getting an error about Local Connection Timed Out after 130000 or 140000 but nobody replied to that thread, has there been any resolution to this. I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8130.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dshade69

Ok, possible fix (but not mine, this is from crackberry forums):

Temporary FIX!!!!!

I remembered this when it came to Slacker first coming out...

If you go into service books and delete Desktop [IPPP], then try App world again it will work!

For those of you who don't know go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Books, its its in there, good luck and happy surfing!

I set up BES again and was no longer able to use the app world, doing this fix allowed it to work again. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kennetha_zulian
My Device: Pearl 8130

The Desktop service books are for those who are on a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) the only other time you would see desktop service books is if Desktop Redirector is installed on a computer or if the device was previously on a BES in which the BES service books were not removed.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
martincdavies

What is the impact of deleting the Desktop [IPPP]. I am on a corporate BES.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dshade69

The official description:

Contains information that is required to use and browse the Internet using the BlackBerry® Mobile Data System (BlackBerry MDS).

Now what that actually means...doesn't seem to mean a thing to me except to keep me from connecting to the app world.  I can browse the internet fine, all my apps work. 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
BBerryDragon

[ Edited ]

I found in the BlackBerry Knowledge base an article that talks about the Desktop [IPPP], I hope it helps:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03151

Message Edited by BBerryDragon on 04-01-2009 06:56 PM
Please use plain text.
Visitor
keebler0617

NO CATEGORIES LISTED IN GAMES SECTION....

I am having a problem w/ my App World games. I am a Storm user and under the games it lists that there are 120 games but when I click on it there are NO categories. The only game that shows up is a South Park game. Thats it!!

Everything else seems to be working fine though. Any ideas??????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ogladoun10

Re: NO CATEGORIES LISTED IN GAMES SECTION....

Same thing here.
Please use plain text.