Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Adrian34
My Device: BlackBerry BOLD 9000

Re: RIM is listening

I think with app world RIM should create a desktop program like apple has with iTunes so that people who have a BB but no data plan can download and use the app world and than just transfer the apps they get to thier BB's by using a usb cord.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Serco
My Device: Not Specified

I agree with you Adrian34.  My company did not subscribe to internet plans from my service provider.  I can't use the Wi-Fi on my Pearl 8120, App World don't accept connection from the Wi-Fi.  I new tab in the desktop manager is probably the best solution.

Serco

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smartin44
My Device: 8310

I have had the same experience with BES blocking access.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
allilawyer

Does anyone know why the multialarm pro won't play on the storm? I paid for it and would really like this app. I have emailed their support team and have heard nothing. This is not the way a partner of blackberry should act. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED! Anyone have the answer, please let me know.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Retired
BesManian_Devil

hazpoco wrote:

I'm not on BES and I'm having the "failed to transmit" problem.

Have you tried installing the latest version of App World as per this article?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17855

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elwil

It would be great if we could browse the App Store from our desktop. Any plans to make this available? I think you may sell more. I just got a Storm (my first blackberry) got me hooked already in a week..

Gary

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
DuncF
My Device: Storm 2

I agree.

It would be easiest for me to set up my PayPay info as well as browse the software that I might want to purchase from my desktop as well.

Dunc

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

Maybe you should start reading instead of listening that way you can solve some problems.  Great system you have there you take peoples hard earned money...don't give them anything...and rely on them to help each other as Customer Service.  That is a very profitable business model you have there.  If I didn't have a conscience I would do the same thing!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

there have been 5 or 6 new releases of the App World since April, 1st so I guess RIM does work on giving the users a better experience. It certainly is not fast enough from a consumer point of view (I live in France and still cannot access the AppWorld for example), but nevertheless going in the right direction.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm

You are right.  They are trying to make a better product.  However...there needs to be a system in place to handle this type of problem.  It is simple...when a customer pays and does not receive full use of the service and can prove payment with receipts this needs to be remedied in a reasonable amount of time.  There should at least be a direct email contact if not a phone number.  This application is for my business.  I need the application more than the money.  If anyone out there knows of a similar application that will work on my storm please post it and I will buy it and be on my way.  It is that simple.
Please use plain text.