Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Rar Files?

Oh...I am familiar with that...amazing how complete information from you helps my understanding, eh?

In any event, is what you put above the exact and complete error message? For instance, I have that app as well, and I can replicate an error message of "Error while trying to retrieve that content, please check the status of your device's network connection.", but I cannot replicate what you said earlier...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: 8ta

The error message is exactly what you use in the replay what do I do if it shows that message
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I think that it's designed to follow BIS, and if it cannot find BIS, then it will fail -- I can find no settings in the app that would give end user control over the data path that it will use. (I'm doing some tests on mine and happen to have no BIS service right now...just WiFi). If you have a proper BIS subscription (from your mobile service provider), then, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Then try again to see if it can now find BIS properly. It's also possible that you have a BIS "subset" plan rather than a full BIS plan...carriers can sell many different mixes of service plans. If you don't have BIS at all, well then that would explain fully why it can't work.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71

Ok, I am registered to the bis network,I have done all the steps that you gave me,I deleted the app,re installed it and now still it shows me the same error message?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

When you look at Service Status, what is the status of BIS?

Are your other BIS-requiring services working OK? Web Browsing? Email? Social Networking? Etc.?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71

My other BIS requiring services are working 100 %, because I always download movies using ucbrowser .Its only this app that doesn't work
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I don't have any idea what a "ucbrowser" is, but if that's your sole source of BIS-using service (you mention only that), then it's not likely a good test of true total BIS services. Plus, you didn't answer my first question...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71

Where do I check the status of my BIS?
I got 'ucbrowser' from the bb app world also have 'opera mini browser'. All my app's with internet connection works fine its just this app,please I hope you can help me this one last time
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Abrie71 wrote:
Where do I check the status of my BIS?

Exactly where I said in post 15 above, perhaps? Service Status...

Abrie71 wrote:

I got 'ucbrowser' from the bb app world also have 'opera mini browser'. All my app's with internet connection works fine its just this app,please I hope you can help me this one last time

I don't know about ucbrowser, but I do know that Opera can work via WiFi with no BIS account on your device. Some apps will do so, some will require BIS. From what I've tested on mine so far, it appears that SuperStore requires a BIS account to be in place (or at least the Service Books to exist, which won't exist without a proper BIS account, unless you know some "tricks" to use -- which I have not yet tested on mine).

So, your BIS status from Service Status will tell us if you actually have a proper BIS account on your device.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71

It shows you have an active BIS account!
Please use plain text.