Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Rar Files?

OK...so back to exactness and clarity...what, exactly, does Service Status say regarding BIS? I've never seen it say anything close to what you've said here...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Developer
Abrie71
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Hi,sorry for taking so long,but I managed to solved this problem and my app are now working 100%,thanks
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent! But, given that this is a user to user community, would you mind posting your specific resolution so that others can learn from your experience?

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Developer
Abrie71

I just followed every single task you gave me to do clearly through,re booted my phone and it work,finally after a lot of struggling!
New Developer
Abrie71

I downloaded a zip files,on the net which said is for my bb 8520 curve,I tried opening it with the bb file wizard but it showed 'Unable to display file' please provide step by step instruction to open the zip file
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Abrie71 wrote:
I downloaded a zip files,on the net which said is for my bb 8520 curve,I tried opening it with the bb file wizard but it showed 'Unable to display file' please provide step by step instruction to open the zip file

Hello again,

As with many file types, I don't think that .zip is natively supported. If the zip file is an email attachment, then the BIS service can render it:

• KB15253 Supported native file format attachments in BlackBerry Internet Service

But, once it is no longer an email attachment, you'd have to find a 3rd party BB App that can render it.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Developer
Abrie71

Thanks,got a opener,just one more thing,can you guys maybe create a God of war theme with tray for my bb 8520
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Who, exactly, is "you guys"?

If by posting here, you think you are receiving any formal support from RIM, then you have misunderstood the usage of this site. This site is a user-to-user community of volunteers trying to help each other out. It is not a user-to/from-RIM channel for support, escalation, or any formal communications whatsoever. Hence, if "you guys" is asking other users that question was your intent, then that's fine.

But, you might be better off seeking out other Themes that you like and then contacting those developers to see if they would produce a specific theme.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Developer
Abrie71

I have seen the site forums.crackberry.com and it let's users ask for specific apps.I saw a god of war theme who someone requested and the link provided are unusable and they don't react on my replays ! I thought to give this community forums a try! But since you only provide help to the community I am truly sorry !
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

There is a Developer section of this community, maybe you can find a theme developer there...maybe...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates