Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
danonymous
My Device: curve 8900

Re: Problem with BBM Messages

I have the same problem.

The messages I sent aren't received (aren't even delivered).

I have  BB Curve 8900.

The problem originally started with the 4.6 BBM, which I deleted and downloaded the 5.0 BBM. (Yes, this is after several times of restarting my phone, including removing the battery for 5 minutes).

The 5.0 BBM didn't help - again the same problem. I have no deleted and downloaded 5.0 BBM 3 times - and again, the same problem.

My service provider (Orange - I'm in Israel) say they can't help me. HELP!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you on a BES server with your company?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
danonymous

I don't know what a BES server is... the messenger worked, and is supposed to work - and works for my friends (also in Israel with the same server).
New Contributor
danonymous

New problem added on:

I can't see what I'm typing on BBM! The white bubble where you type in remains white. I press enter, and the message is sent and then I can see it. But not while I'm typing. Most messages go through now, but some still don't.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

There was an outage yesterday and things are catching up.

Also it is advised to download the new version .57 on your device if you are running a previous version of BBM5

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
danonymous

Another problem:

My contacts cannot see my display photo. I can see their display photos, and they see other display photos, but not mine.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

What version are you on?

New Contributor
danonymous

core applications and system software are 4.6 and BBM is 5.0.0.57 the sending messages part worked out. but my contacts can't see my display picture, and in mid conversation i can't see what i'm typing anymore until another friend sends me a message while the first friend's conversation is open.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Have you tried pulling the battery out while device is on and then replace battery?

New Contributor
danonymous

Just tried that, and problems still exist