Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Calpernia
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Re: Saving text messages to PC

Just downloaded Dexrex today but now see it is not capable of archiving messages older than today.  I need to save older messages.  Are there any products that can retrieve my saved text messages?  Dexrex website is not user friendly.  Unable to access information about my account or my device.

New Contributor
tbwalkeriii
My Device: Not Specified

Here's how I backed up ALL of my text messages (over a years worth of text messages)....

STEP 1 is to backup your Blackberry with the Blackberry Desktop software.  This will create a .IPD file that you can extract all of your SMS text messages from.

STEP 2 is downloading an app called IPDdump from http://code.google.com/p/ipddump/ and using the IPDdump java program to extract all of the SMS text messages to a notepad/text file.

Granted, there are a few steps, but I have been 100% successful at extracting all SMS text messages to a notepad text file.  From there, if you know how to import delimited text files into Excel, you can import the data into an Excel spreadsheet.

Good Luck.

nate99
My Device: Curve 8530

Blackberry Curve 8530
OS v. 5.0.0.459
CrunchSMS v. 3.26
Blackberry Desktop v. 6.1.0.35

Could someone please tell me how to save crunchSMS texts to my PC?

Solutions already attempted:

1. CrunchSMS>hover over conversation>menu>"Copy conversation". Function does not work for long SMS conversations (over a few hundred messages). I suspect the cache buffer for the clipboard is not big enough.

2. Blackberry Desktop>Device Options>Backup>Select custom. I used blackberry desktop to save a backup file (.IPD) with just the databases; Sms Messages, Call Logs, Time Zones, Address Book and Address Book All. However, crunchSMS must not store SMS messages in the same bin as the blackberry SMS app. because there are no entries in SMS messages.

I have 1653 messages in 20 conversations as shown in crunchsms>options>about

Please. Where is crunch SMS storing my messages? How do I extract them from .IPD?

Thank You!

-N
lsalopez
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

hi thanks for the info. im a little stuck on the first step. how do i create the ipd containing the texts? thanks :smileywink:
jclo
My Device: Tour 9630

Worked perfectly!!! I registered just to post a thank you!

:smileyhappy:

New Contributor
YoFoos
My Device: Torch 9810

[ Edited ]

Did you find a solution to this? I am looking for the same thing, retrieving large conv from smscrunch

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

lepin0911
My Device: 9900 Bold

I have been undertaking the back up on BDS however on checking in the back up file I note that whilst the bbb file has carried on being saved, the ipd files seem to have stopped being saved and I am unable to see an option within the BDS to re-enact this option.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction as I have some extremely important text messages I need on the PC and backed up.

Many thanks