Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

BJP
New Contributor
BJP
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus Mobility
Accepted Solution

Sending BBM TXT MSG Not Working for one person only

Here is my issue:

I can receive BBM txt message from my wife, and I can send and receive BBM voice calls from my wife but when I send her a bbm txt message she does not get it and I just get a red X beside the message.  The problem started when she got the new Q10 phone, I still have a 9800.  The interesting part is I can send/ receive messages with my other contacts and she can send and receive message with her other contacts.  We have tried deleting and re-adding each other and pulling the battery. 

My phone:

6.0 Bundle 3155 (v6.0.0.747, Platform 6.6.0.249)

BBM version 7.0.1.23

Please use plain text.
peterzz32
My Device: 9800 6.0 bundle (v6.0.0.668)
My Carrier: digitel

Re: Sending BBM TXT MSG Not Working for one person only

I have exact same problem since aprox 1 week. We have tried everything, deleting contact person, changing battery etc. -CAN SOMEONE HELP?
Please use plain text.
peterzz32
My Device: 9800 6.0 bundle (v6.0.0.668)
My Carrier: digitel

Can someone help??.?. Where is the ADMINISTRATOR -this problem is quite FRUSTRATING,!!
Please use plain text.
BJP
New Contributor
BJP

I don't have an answer yet either...I will let you know if I come across something.

Please use plain text.
BJP
New Contributor
BJP

Update: Problem solved for me. Pulled battery and sim card Booted up phone without sim card Pulled batter and put back in sim card and booted up phone This did not solve the problem but I included it just in case it did something, I tried this because my wife borrowed my phone and put her sim card in it and I thought they may have messed something up. After trying the above I did the following: Uninstall BBM and restarted my phone and installed BBM from app world. Problem fixed.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

thanks for the tip BJP !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.