Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
rhinazy
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: globe

Set up error blackberry messanger

Hi i updated the latest version blackberry messanger its successfully installed but only set up bbm and its not working how can i set up this and if not how can i get the old version of bbm that appliclabe with my phone im using blackberry 9220 curve thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Set up error blackberry messanger

Can you elaborate a little bit? What exactly is happening when you open BBM?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhinazy

It only appear setting up bbm and nothins happen
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhinazy

Ive already try to uninstall/reinstall/restart still the same can u help me on this
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Try this:

Use Desktop Software to make a full backup of the device.

Once that is done, use the Desktop Software to delete ONLY the database for BlackBerry Messenger on the device.

Then unplug and try to log into BBM again. Make sure you have a good data connection. You did have BBM working before, right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.