Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
parkim
My Device: Not Specified

Shazam App

I just downloaded Shazam and when I attempt to "Setup" it takes me to "Setting Shazam Up For You" - I then get a message "Sorry, Shazam can't connect to the internet. I tmight be a problem with your mobile's conection".

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Shazam App

home screen >> options >> advanced options >> applications
highlight shazam, open menu and edit permissions.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
parkim

Thanks for your advice which I tried (changed all the permissions to 'always' )- unfortunately, with no improvement or change.

Not sure what to do next?

Guru I
Xandrex

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.
If you own a Storm, soft reboot is not available.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
parkim

Thanks for your advice - tried the hard and soft reboot - no luck.

I wonder if its a hardware issue?

Guru I
Xandrex

I don't think it's a hardware issue, since everything else works fine. I suggest you contact the Shazam support on their own website.

New Contributor
smartin44
My Device: 8310

I am having the same problem on an 8310.  Tried the suggestions and still no luck.
Guru I
Xandrex

smartin44: so, what did Shazam support reply you?

New Contributor
smartin44
My Device: 8310

Haven't heard back yet.  I will post when they get back to me.
DZD
New Contributor
DZD
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

I have the same issue. I'm running an 8330 on Verizon with 4.5.00.77 installed.  I installed Shazam 2.0.0 from App World and when it runs setup, I get the Sorry.  Shazam cannot connect to the internet error.  I've contacted their support via email twice and have received no response.

I've re-installed, re-booted, edited permissions to ensure Allow is specified for everything all to no avail.

I suspect the issue may be due to the fact that I'm on a BES server and from what I can tell - I cannot use the "Blackberry Browser" - I have to use the "Internet Browser".  I've modified my settings to point to "Internet Browser" for Default MDS but still have the same issue.

To the OP having this issue - if you can access the internet using both Blackberry Browser and Internet Browser - play with the Options - Advanced Options - Browser settings to see if that helps.  Also, if you haven't already done so, Edit Permissions to the Shazam Application to Allow all for everything to see if that works.

I'll post an entry when (if?) I hear back from Shazam.

Thanks and Good Luck!