Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Carmino
My Device: Storm

Shazam App

Just wanted to see if anyone has the same problems and how they solved it.  I have the Storm and i'm under the Telus Network.  I downloaded the App Software.  I couldn't find Shazam so I downloaded directly from this blackberry site.  For some reason it wont give me the option to download on my Storm. Any help with this will be awesome.

Another question I hope someone could answer.  Has Telus come out with any new wireless updates for the Storm and what version are they currently running?

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Shazam App

Hey Carmino, I'm on Telus too and haven't been able to get Shazam downloaded either.  I don't know if Telus is blocking it as this seems to be a common problem, but I was checking out the Crackberry forums earlier today and apparently some others have found it and successfully downloaded it, so I have no clue.  I might look further into this and if I get an answer, I'll let you know.

As to updates, Telus has not yet released an official update, so the official update is still the original .76.  I'd like to say that the update should be coming soon, but I haven't heard anything official and all the speculation is just that, speculation.  At this point, I'd keep my fingers crossed that there will be an official update relatively soon, but whether soon is a week, one month or longer, I have no clue.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions, and if I find the answer to the Shazam question, I'll respond to it here.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,981
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Shazam is available for the BlackBerry Storm devices (yet). That is why neither of you see it as available from your Storm in the AppWorld center.

Check the Shazam site:

http://www.shazam.com/music/web/pages/blackberry.html

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
Krypto

Still a no go.  The link is simply to download the App World.  Apparently it was available on the first day, but not since.  Don't know anymore...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
Carmino

Thanks guys, let me know if you get any new info on both of these issues.

Take Care....

pegcityguy19
My Device: Telus 9530

Hey guys,

I actually e-mailed shazam about this because I really wanted it too. Here is the response I got:

Sorry for the delay in replying to your email and thanks for your interest
in the Shazam Service.

We are currently live on the following models:

Bold 9000
Curve 83XX
Pearl 8220
8900 Javelin
81XX
88XX

Unfortunately there was a mistake in the app store which allowed other users
to download it. We hope to make Shazam available for your handset soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience and please let me know if I can offer any
further assistance.

Kind regards

Alan.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,981
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

JSanders wrote:

Shazam is available for the BlackBerry Storm devices (yet). That is why neither of you see it as available from your Storm in the AppWorld center.

Check the Shazam site:

http://www.shazam.com/music/web/pages/blackberry.html

I can't edit my message above now, but I see my mistake, I left out the "not". Shazam is not availble for the Storm, (yet).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Carmino

Thanks for the info guys, you've been very helpful to me.

I'm a rookie when it comes to blackberry.  So just to go back to the OS upgrade.  Do I look under options and then check wireless upgrades or is there another way.  I believe you can get it also on this website.  What do you guys recommend?

Elite I
Krypto

[ Edited ]

Telus hasn't come out with an update yet, but you can look for it when they do get it by checking here: http://www.telusmobility.com/clientcare/pcs_west/support/support_blackberry_9530.shtml

Message Edited by Krypto on 04-06-2009 09:54 PM

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Shazam for BlackBerry Storm devices has just been released.
OTA download, or AppWorld dowload.

remember : there is a free version (no time limit but features are limited) and a premium version (5USD / 5GBP).

http://news.softpedia.com/news/BlackBerry-Storm-Now-Supports-Shazam-116471.shtml

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: