Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
snydelywhiplash
My Device: playbook

'Simply Apps' continues to disappoint.

Three updates and many, many frustrating attempts, their software continues to not work. Yet, Appworld allows them to take bad reviews, (I've noticed other reviews have 'disappeared'), off their ad site and only post oddly similar sounding good ones.

Anyone with ANY self-respect should not buy any product from these con artists.
New Contributor
snydelywhiplash

Watch out for 'Simply Apps' products.

I recently purchased the phone remote app from Simply Apps on the playbook appworld site. After a ridiculous amount of attempts, it was apparent the program was junk and did not work, I applied for a refund. In order to get one, you have to give them all of your security information. You can't even report them to RIM, because Blackberry has no written email customer support system! 

And that's not the worst part, when I wrote a negative review of this rip-off piece of so-called software, it mysteriously disappeared from the appworld site. It seems RIM is much more interested in protecting shady developers than it is paying customers.

Why is Blackberry so interested in making consumers regret buying the playbook?

D. Jones

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Watch out for 'Simply Apps' products.

Hello snydelywhiplash,

I am willing to understand. Was your review written in proper English without insults ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
snydelywhiplash

Re: 'Simply Apps' continues to disappoint.

Explain to me where I've insulted anyone. The only people I've been able to contact or who have contacted me all seem to have the same generic affectations to their messages, like they have the same training or come from the same place.

There was nothing insulting about my previous post, I always follow a professional method with my online posts, and my first language IS english. I do however resent some company employee posting a reply trying to make my opinion seem less than it is.

Real people reply only, please.

D. Jones

p.s. I do not need a reply from the previous person with some weird corporate copy and paste about review rules and regulations. Many of the reviews on Appworld are barely legible.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

on the AppWorld, reviews can be removed by the developer under some conditions, including insults and fool words. There are other possible cases, and giving more information here is the only way to understand in which case your banned review falls in.

Remember the only information I can have about your case is what you write here. I am not referring to emails you may have written, but to the review that you posted on AppWorld and that was removed.

I am trying to understand who between you and the developer is not acting honestly.

Since I don't work for RIM, I have limited knowledge of what can happen to the reviews posted by customers, but I for sure know that giving specific information here on this forum will prove more efficient for you and for RIM than writing emails.
It is possible that your testimony can lead to some action from RIM towards that developer, and on the contrary it is possible that you get a clear explanation of why your review is not viewable by others on the AppWorld page of that application.

And it is needless to say that the conclusion of your issue will benefit RIM and all PlayBook consumers including me.

Do you confirm that the application is this one? http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/reviews/48489 I currently see 25 reviews, some excellent and some mediocre.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
BSFA2008
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

sounds to me lie any negative comment, constructive criticism for example, is "insulting" so it gets removed.  also, watch out for your "fool" words.  

Visitor
MarcyJH
My Device: BlackBerry Torch & PlayBook

New Contributor
onesaucyjinx
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook 32

I purchased this app also and have had no support from the developer because the app just does not work.  Consider this a lesson learnt. I'm deleting the app off  both my Playbook and phone. Somehow I think  Simply Apps will loose more than they bargained for because of their lousy customer service.

Contributor
Boxy7
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860/9850

I purchased the phone remote by Simply apps last night and have had nothing but trouble with it..... : /
funerals
My Device: Torch

I never thought Blackberry would allow an app to be sold throough their site that was as poor as this and for a price. I'm dissapointed with you RIMM. I'll eat the $2.99 but you won't get me twice!