Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
Kalle82
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

Skype for 8520 and other BB version's / Question needed to be answered by Blackberry support for everyone!

[ Edited ]

This is a question that seriously needs answering for myself and other BB customer's.
Personally the only reason I have a BB is because I can have window's live messenger on it, But WLM is closing in April and updating to skype, Meaning everyone who use's WLM that their contact's will be going there and not to any other network!
Now I've read from what I've researched that BB maybe will be joining with oovoo something like that, Why when that is not where people's MSN/Hotmail contact's will be going ?
BB paying customer's to BB product's want access to there MSN/Hotmail contact's not to be diverted to another service that does not have their MSN/Hotmail contact's.
Also I have seen that skype or something along those line's will be available for the new BB 10, So what about earlier product's such as BB curve 8520 that I personally own myself that has nothing wrong with it?
So us paying BB customer's are going to be excluded because we don't have a brand new version of BB due to there being nothing wrong with the BB's we have? Which so were going to be penalized?
I would like these question's answered please because I am not happy about this and I'm sure a lot of other BB customer's are not too, It's not anyone's fault that WLM is going to be taken away but atleast make sure that BB customer's have a skype app to access their MSN/Hotmail contact's and can conversant with them directly like WLM.
Honestly I love my BB and wouldn't be without it purely because I'm able to log in WLM when I like, Where ever I am and talk to my contact's directly, Not all people have BB's and can not be added to BB messenger which is why WLM is a priority on BB app's for BB customer's, Is something going to be done about this? Because if not then that is just wrong which will result in many valued BB customer's changing to other phone's purely because out of being penalized of not having the newer version of BB 10 or not having skype at all regardless of IM+, We should have a direct Skype app and be able to have direct gain to our MSN/Hotmail contact's like we did on WLM.
So can someone answer this please and give us BB customer's confirmation on what is going to happen, Thank you.

For those of you BB customer's who are reading this who use WLM and is important to you as it is myself, Like this thread please so it get's noticed so that action will be taken. Thank you.

Please use plain text.