Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
stevemclean
My Device: bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Sorry Web Page Too Large

[ Edited ]

I am not sure what is happening but since I have new software upgrade to OS 6 when I open a web page it takes a long time to load and then a box pops up with Sorry We're closing this page because it is too large to load.Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Hunter_D86
My Device: Torch 9700

Re: Sorry Web Page Too Large

My gf has the same problem with her curve 3G 9300 and she updated to os 6.0.0.534 from Telus last night. She has 28.8 mb free on device memory. We reset the device after dealing with the missing app world, the internet worked well with everything then gave up. Any offical help for it yet??

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ashtonx
My Device: curve 9300

Been having the same problem
I jst wane know why its happening
Please use plain text.
jini01
My Device: bold MYB

Ahhhh just as imagined. The great RIM has nothing to say here. Hey support the phones that you have sold to these people.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jini01 wrote:

Ahhhh just as imagined. The great RIM has nothing to say here. Hey support the phones that you have sold to these people.

Hello,

Perhaps you misunderstood the EULA you agreed to when you signed up for these forums. These forums are not anything to do with formal support. These forums are not a user-to/from-RIM channel of communication. These forums are a user-to-user support community where volunteers try to help out other kind souls to the best of their ability. While RIM reps will sometimes drop by here, such is not to be the expected outcome of any communications on these forums.

All formal support starts with the wireless service providers and authorized resellers. They have the ability to escalate cases into RIM if needed, but the carriers have the responsibility for the front line support for all BB users. That's just the way the support model works.

Lastly, RIM didn't, as you say, sell any phones to anyone. All sales are handled via the authorized channels...and, yes, you guessed it...that's the carriers and authorized resellers.

Hope that helps.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ashtonx

Seriously you take the time to reply to that but still nothing about the problem we are having
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

KB26416 Accessing certain webpages on the BlackBerry smartphone will display the error “Sorry! We’re closing this page because it is too large to load ”

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
knrama

A lot of help that is. Now what can be done about it?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, given this is the cause:

• This can occur after upgrading to BlackBerry® Device Software 6.0. The BlackBerry® smartphone does not have enough memory to run to content being presented by the webpage.

I can only surmise that the only thing to be done about it is to either:

1. Use a web page that is not so large (e.g., seek out a mobile enabled site from the same provider)
  2. Get a BB with more memory

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
knrama

yep, i guess that's just how the cookie or berry is going have to crumble.

i'm using a 9300 so its either i'm going to downgrade to a lower OS (though when I got the unit OS6 came pre-installed, i don't know if that's the standard since this is my first BB) or just stop using the unit to browse.

woe unto the day I thought i could get a phone and expect it to be just as good as my tablet when it comes to mobile browsing or my laptop when it comes to composing long reports.

thanks for the reply.

Please use plain text.