Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Ailios
My Device: Not Specified

Spam./Scam linked to Blackberry Travel

[ Edited ]

Somehow this morning without any interaction from me nor with my consent an email was sent from my work email address to "(personal info removed)@blackberry.com", cc to "trips_(personal info removed)@travel.blackberry.com@blackberry.com; 66(personal info removed)@blackberry.worldmate.com",  subject Southwest Airlines Confirmation J7(personal info removed).  It was added to my Outlook calendar and added into Blackberry Travel on my Blackberry Z10 phone. My Blackberry ID isn't linked to my work email address; only my personal email address is. At my personal email address I received a confirmation email from Blackberry Travel that it was added to an itinerary.  I immediately deleted Blackberry Travel from my phone. A scan of my desktop shows no malware or infection. My work uses Exchange and active sync and all inbound and outbound email going through a relay server for spam, malware and virus scanning. It wasn't detected nor blocked by that system. 

This is very disturbing to me. I'd be happy to forward the email as an attachment if you'd like to see it. Would someone tell me how this happened so I can prevent it from happening again?