Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
dana007
My Device: Not Specified

Sportypal

Hello folks!

Since switching from Windows Mobile, there was really only one thing that I had missed. A really good and intelligent GPS tracking software.

But finally what I found and are completely free.
SportyPal
Works really great. Draw your route on which you then upload the files (in my case has so far only WLAN works) on its map can see. Shows even there, where the high has been made, and a height profile. But there are many additional details, such as average speed and time differences between different sectors and so on.

So I am very pleased with positive and love my Bold now 110%.

Greets, 

Contributor
dana007

Re: Sportypal

here is my workout info so you can see what it has to offer

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/15639

as ive used it three time and im very happy with the app. its quiet good with connecting to a gps signal the first time is long but after that its prity much instant, and it give **** loads of info like

speed, avg speed, max speed, distance, total time, calories burnt, max pace, avg pace, highest altitude, lowest altitude, best(500 yd) and finaly times.

Also, great stuff if you want to show people the place you're writing about in a blog post, or if you're organising an event and want to show people where it is. It's also a really easy way for companies with small websites to show their customers where they are. I expect we'll all be seeing a lot more maps on the web.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

not available for the Storm yet :-(

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
dana007

Yes, too bad is not availabe for Storm yet, probably in the near future I hope
Contributor
dana007

After  while there is something new going on with sportypal,

that is the chance to choose other types of workouts but only after uploading the file to their community. I made some skiing trips lately, but havent upload them yet.

I wrote them an email about this, and they responded with this:

While none of the client applications have skiing as a selectable activity at the moment, you can set the type to “Free style” and after uploading, use the editor to set it to skiing. The main difference between skiing and free style mode is that if you change your workout manually to skiing, we have special analysis that automatically labels continuously ascending parts as paused and continuously descending parts as active. So the map will be more clear and accurate than the one uploaded as free style. So it will look much more better, it will clearly show you where you were active or going up on the chairlift or so. Here is an example of skiing mapped as freestyle but after that switched to Skiing mode....

And that they are working on the new version for BB.

Cheers everyone

Contributor
dana007

And a new version finally out: I took the text from here http://sportypal.com/Phones/Blackberry SportyPal for Blackberry v1.2 released A new update of SportyPal for BlackBerry (version 1.2) is now available. Changes in this version: - Added all the new workout types as they appear on the website, accessible from the FreeStyle type. - Added support for all screen resolutions. - Added support for phones with touchscreen, which should include Blackberry Storm 9530 - Added support for automatic screen rotation where available - Uses new upload and register API that should fix most workout upload and registering issues, - Upload should now work correctly via mobile network on devices that have no WiFi, - SportyPal will attempt to get a GPS fix forever or until you choose back from the menu (or press on Back on devices with a touch screen) - SportyPal will now tell you if a new version is available when you upload a workout, - Faster “current workout” screen redrawing especially the transition to the map view. - Switch between speed and pace (using the Up/Down navigation keys or by touch-scrolling up and down) for your current workout. And as said here, probably working on storm now
Contributor
dana007

New Fixes in 1.2.2:

- Fixed overlapping date text on Workout list, Records and Records list screens.
- Fixed the issue of the main screen appearing instead of the last active screen when resuming SportyPal.
- Fixed the wrong distance and speed (miles / mph) reported on the website while using Imperial system.
- Fixed some rare cases where wrong workout start time was reported on the website
- The workout list’s sort menu is now accessible on touchscreen phones.

http://sportypal.com/Download#platform=Blackberry

Contributor
dana007

[ Edited ]

New models of BB added to the SportyPal support list:

BlackBerry 8800
BlackBerry 8820
BlackBerry 8830 World Edition
BlackBerry 8900 Curve
BlackBerry 9000
BlackBerry 9700 Bold
BlackBerry Bold 9000
BlackBerry Bold 9650
BlackBerry Curve 8310
BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9100
BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9105
BlackBerry Pearl 8110
BlackBerry storm 9500
BlackBerry Storm 9530
BlackBerry storm2 9520
BlackBerry storm2 9550
BlackBerry tour 9630

Contributor
dana007

SportyPal Blackberry v1.2.5 released

[ Edited ]

SportyPal Blackberry v1.2.5 released

SportyPal v1.2.5 for  Blackberry is now available.

Changes in this version:

• Compass map should now be correct in any part of the world.
  • Fixed issue with internet connection on some phones.
  • When a newer version is available after a successful upload, SportyPal now reports that the upload was successful *and* a newer version is available (instead of only reporting that a newer version is available). The workout is also marked as uploaded and subsequent attempts to upload it will display a re-upload confirmation.
  • Fixed the negative altitude bug in the Blackberry version.
  • Loading an old workout is now around 10 times faster (could be even faster on some devices). This means that uploading an old workout, displaying the speed graph, downloading a map etc will also be ~10 times faster.
  • Added JAD attributes which should hide the on-screen navigation/soft-keys keyboard on most (Symbian) touchscreen phones.

http://sportypal.com/Download#platform=Blackberry