Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
gajariam
My Device: Torch 9860
Accepted Solution

Suddenly unable to use Wi-Fi with any application

Hello,

This morning, I wad able to download podcasts over Wi-Fi using an application called PodTrapper. Since returning home from work and connecting to Wi-Fi, I cannot use any app to access the internet. Twitter, Podtrapper, BlackBerry App World, Evernote, DropBox all indicate I cannot connect to the internet. The Browser however works fine and I'm typing this forum message on it.

When I enable Wi-Fi, I disable my cellular radio, but I enable Data Services and also when roaming. I do not have a data plan. I have not updated software on my phone today (I am experiencing this on my Torch 9860)

Would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction to solve this problem.

Thanks!
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Suddenly unable to use Wi-Fi with any application

"Data Services" must be on in order to get any data over wifi.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
gajariam

Yes. Even with data services on, I'm still unable to use any application other than the browser with the internet
Trusted Contributor
gajariam

I've tried this again at the office.

It didn't work at first, then I proceeded to do a battery pull and it seems to work. I can download podcasts via PodTrapper and login via Evernote.

I'll try to access the internet at home and hopefully this issue will be resolved.

Trusted Contributor
gajariam

Seems to work at home, so I guess the battery pull solved it. I guess I should have tried it before I posted. Sorry.