Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
roncern
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Synchronizing my Blackberry Organizer Apps with my Blackberry Desktop Software App

My Blackberry smartphone is a Curve 8310 using the OS software version 4.5 Bundle 306 (V4.5.0.182 platform 2.7.0.106)

The BB Desktop software is V.7.1.0.41 Bundle 42 (V.7.1.0.41 Bundle 42)

My PC software using is MS Outlook 2010.

When I go to sync my apps, the calendar app shows (not available) in the BB Destop software.  I cannot check the box to change settings.   Contacts, Tasks and Memo's works sync fine.

Please let me know what I can do to fix the calendar app.

Thanks

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Synchronizing my Blackberry Organizer Apps with my Blackberry Desktop Software App

[ Edited ]

Hey roncern,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

On the BlackBerry Smartphone go to Options -> Advanced Settings -> Default Services and select the email account as your default calendar and then re-connect and attempt to configure the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

If this does not resolve the issue please complete the work around outlined in the following article:

BlackBerry Desktop Software displays address book or calendar as not installed within Organizer

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23978

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
roncern
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Re: Synchronizing my Blackberry Organizer Apps with my Blackberry Desktop Software App

Hi HB:

I do not use email on my smartphone.  I strickly use it for phone, texting and PIM.   Again, other PIM software are able to sync back and forth with my computer using the Blackberry Desktop software 7.1.   Calendar will not let me sync nor setup options because it indicates that it is "not available".

Are there any other options?

Hey roncern,
Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

On the BlackBerry Smartphone go to Options -> Advanced Settings -> Default Services and select the email account as your default calendar and then re-connect and attempt to configure the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

If this does not resolve the issue please complete the work around outlined in the following article:

BlackBerry Desktop Software displays address book or calendar as not installed within Organizer

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23978

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB