Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Paulra
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Syncing Outlook from my PC to Playbook

Is there a way to sync my Outlook Calendar and Contacts from my PC to my Playbook.  Can do to my Blackberry Curve without problem but not to my Playbook.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GordonWakeling
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Syncing Outlook from my PC to Playbook

I don't believe there is anything out there yet. If you check on other forums you will see that it is possible to set up your accounts for email but not to sync with Outlook. There are workarounds using Google for Calendar.

More people need to tell Blackberry to fix this glaring ommission.

Please use plain text.
derekmaj
My Device: 16g playbook
My Carrier: telus

Can someone please tell Rim a playbook that cannot sync with outlook is a useful as a computer without a keyboard.

Please supply a patch.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GordonWakeling

RIM has this idea that the "Bridge" is the be all and end all - however if they really want to sell to the rest of the world - the large and growing non-Blackberry world, they need to update their native email program to include Tasks, Notes, and yes to let it Sync.

There is a program called DejaOffice that is talking about porting to PB and will sync by USB - I really think Blackberry should work with them to create a useful tool. Sorry RIM but most of the business world rides with Outlook.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrSKNorris
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: orange

hi

i had this prob when i got a playbook last week, the way around it i found was to open a Gmail account with Google, down load the google mobile app to your phone, now this is where you info goes around the world. first sync your phone with outlook on your laptop then sync your phone with Gmail with the app. now set your playbook up to sync mail with the Gmail goole account. all the info gose laptop to Gmail the Gmail to tablet. i have used it to sync my calande, contact address book and tasks. it works well the only thing wrong is that the playboo will only sync min every 3 days

hope this helps it solved my prob if you have trouble send me an email i  will help if i can

all the best

steve

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GordonWakeling

Thanks MrSKNorris - but with respect what you describe is a workaround - not a solution and in being a workaround it is emblematic of the problem. In addition to the fact that users have had to work out how to do this - i mean its not like RIM advertises - "oh and if you need to sync (though clearly we don't think you should) then we have decided to use GMail as our host site". I do not want to use a Google Account - especially in light of the shifting sand that is their privacy policy. I do not use Cloud and probably never will. So give me a cable based sync program!

IMHO RIM did not think this through. I hope they come up with a finished product, clock is ticking on my satisfaction guaranteed return though.

Please use plain text.
skipper700
My Device: BB Playbook OS 2.0
My Carrier: o2

I have just bought a Playbook after ditching an iPad. I simply want it to synchronise data (calander, contacts, tasks etc) from outlook just as i can with my BB Torch. Surely this cannot be hard with a simple USB connection to my laptop. VERY dissapointed. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GordonWakeling

Join the Club! Are you out there Blackberry? Here is the current wish list from around the Boards...

1)  Cannot Sync to Outlook Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, or Notes. Note PIM does not have notes and tasks.

2)  No decent PDF annotator, or reader for that matter. Though qPDF are trying

3)  No Skype app

4)  No Netflix App - and Blackberry Video Store does not work in Canada

Can we dream about any of this - hmmmmm?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Paulra
My Carrier: Sprint

Sure would be nice if someone from RIM would respond to this, I am beginning to have buyer's regret.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Paulra wrote:

Sure would be nice if someone from RIM would respond to this, I am beginning to have buyer's regret.

Just to set expectations...yes, that would be nice...but should never be expected in this Community. This site is a user-to-user community of users trying to help each other out. Sometimes, a RIM person might happen by and give some input, but such should never be expected. This site has nothing to do with any formal support channel...all formal support starts with the carriers and authorized resellers, who can escalate cases into RIM that they cannot handle. You have no other free method to reach anyone from RIM for support...only via escalation can you receive any formal RIM support and information.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.