Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
cerati9
My Carrier: TMobile

Re: Terrible Customer Service!!! - BBM Contacts Lost!!! - BBM Contact Recovery - BBM 7.0 - TERRIBLE!!!

What's funny about RIM's solution for lost contacts is that it doesn't work.  When I had the BBM 7.0 on my phone, I connected it to my computer to see if I could restore the BBM contacts using the backup I had made from the BBM 6.2, unfortunately, I got the error message that my backup couldn't be used to restore the contacts because BBM 7.0 was already associated with my Blackberry ID and thus couldn't use a backup from 6.2, that's why I then in turn downgraded back to 6.2 and deleted 7.0.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
conorcccc
My Carrier: 3 (Three-UK)

Re: Terrible Customer Service!!! - BBM Contacts Lost!!! - BBM Contact Recovery - BBM 7.0 - TERRIBLE!!!

The only difference between 6.2 and 7 is that there's BBM Voice and a few animated profile pics.
So it isn't that big a loss.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to like someone's post if it was useful!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cerati9

Yeah that's why I'm fine with the 6.2, I'll just wait until they fix the bugs and send out a new version of 7.0

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Hello cerati9,

if you are referring to this guide :

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/48765/bma1332766234701.jsp

then it is written that you have to fulfill steps 1,2,3 before connecting your device to your PC. Especially step 3 that must be done before upgrading BBm.

Furthermore, it is not written in the manual, but in my opinion, right after upgrading BBm7, you need to log in BlackBerry ID at first, before clicking on the BBm icon.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cerati9

Yeah I did all those steps, that's why I know what happened.  That's the most frustrating part about the whole upgrade, it really should be seemless like the previous BBM upgrades.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
conorcccc

and it's not like RIM didn't test BBM 7.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

it is a real shame that some people have issues with BBM7. To my knowledge, those issues have been reported neither by RIM employees, nor by the users who participated in the beta test program, so I am not sure it is so straightforward to blame RIM for not testing enough.

My point of view is to never download a popular app the first week of the release, for two reasons :
1 sometimes bugs appear, and not known during testing phase
2 sometimes it is too crowded (let's say 20% of BBM users are using OS6 and OS7, that means 10 million people wiling to upgrade at the same time in a few hours)

And I apply these two rules to myself for everything, it is not a question of defiance towards RIM. It is a question of defiance towards popularity.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
conorcccc

Good Advice!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,744
My Carrier: Verizon

conorcccc wrote:
The only difference between 6.2 and 7 is that there's BBM Voice and a few animated profile pics.

That's not true, with the BlackBerryID authorization and syncing of the your BBM contacts, groups, and chats, there's much more different in the two versions of BBM.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.