Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
bbbl67
My Device: Z10

Twitter app keeps telling me I have xx number of messages waiting for me

Using the Twitter app, v 4.0.0.17, which I think at this time is the latest version. I keep getting a notification saying that I have "11 new messages" waiting for me. I go check them, and the notification goes away, but always comes back several days later, as if I hadn't checked them at all.

Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

Re: Twitter app keeps telling me I have xx number of messages waiting for me

What device do you have?  Is it a Playbook?  Sometimes you will get phantom notifications on that device.  Or are we talking about another device?

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Trusted Contributor
bbbl67

Sorry, I should've mentioned what the device was. It is a Bold 9700, running OS 6. I do also have a Playbook, but that's not what's having this problem.

Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra

Are you getting emails? It could be they are considering new followers? Or maybe they mean the time line itself has new messages which it always will. Perhaps there is a setting in twitter to make it notify you less? Between you and I the BlackBerry twitter client is not very good there are better options like socialscope for example.
Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Trusted Contributor
bbbl67

Is Socialscope a 3rd party app, or by Blackberry?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Socialscope is developed by a third party

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: