Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
VanessaWolfe
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

Twitter for BlackBerry showing unread "mentions"

[ Edited ]

Whenever I receive a notification for a new Mention, it always shows I have 20+ unread messages. But I have read every Mention there is to read. I even compared it to the Web version, and everything's the same. I know I don't have any unread Mentions.

I tried uninstalling Twitter. I already tried the battery pull technique. I uninstalled and installed countless of times, but it still shows I have unread messages. It's pretty annoying already.

I have Twitter 4.0.0.17 version. Is it possible to install the older version? It seems that this version's got a lot of problems.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Twitter for BlackBerry showing unread "mentions"

Hello Venessa,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the number count on the Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones application.

Have you verified that these notification do no remain as unread under your Messages list? Try highlighting todays date within Messages, pressing the menu key and select mark prior opened.

Once completed, verify that the Twitter new message notification has cleared from the notification bar.

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.