Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
DjHlophe
My Device: Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Twitter notification on whose following me

Hi everyone I'm new on this forum,so not sure how it works.But I have this problem with my blackberry 9300 curve.I'm using the twitter app that came with the phone.And I wanna know how do I get notifications when someone follows me because I get notifications only when I get new tweets,replies and mentions.Please help me
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Twitter notification on whose following me

Hello

Welcome to the Community

If you are using the twitter App that came with the phone please make sure you update it to the newest version.  It would normally ask you if you want to update the latest version. Inside the Twitter app, press the menu buttons and choose Options. Then there will be appropriate check boxes you nneed to tick depending on how your want to be notified or what should notify you. And in regards to updating the Twitter app, there is a Check for Update button if you scroll down.

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
DjHlophe

Hi Ronbob

Thanks for the hospitality.I'm using twitter version 3.0.0.24. And I did press the CHECK FOR UPDATES button, even ticked the Automatically Check For newest upddates.There is no new update. And as for the check boxes,I found the check box for notification on new tweets,mention and replies but I couldn't find a check box for notification on when someone follows me.

I have tick the following boxes
*Tweet refreshes in background
*notify on replies and mentions
*update bbm message when tweeting

Thanks for taking your time to help me
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Sorry my bad. That feature has not been integrated with Twitter for Blackberry yet. You can only check and view who has followed you thru the follower's list or you may integrate the email associated with your Twitter on your Blackberry so that the email notifications will be pushed to your phone.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
DjHlophe

Thank you so much
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

You're welcome

New Contributor
DjHlophe

Hi I found a solution. I went to twitter website and on this link https://twitter.com/settings/notifications you can go in and check in the notifications you wanna get,and I found a check box to tick to get notification on my email of people following me. I needed it because I'm also #Teamfollowback