Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
SGoodman
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
Accepted Solution

USPS Error

Greetings,

I'm getting an error when I try to start the USPS Mobile 2.0.2 app: "Error starting USPS: Module 'USPS' attempts to access a secure API". After clicking OK (which is the only option), nothing happens. I'm assuming that the startup process is aborted.

Does the Style keep a log of errors, so that I can see what kind of "secure API" the app was trying to access?

Thanks,

Shane.

Z10 (version 10.2.1.3442)
LTE Playbook (version 2.1.0.1917)
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: USPS Error

Hello,

Generally, those errors have to do with a BES-enabled device, where what is attempting to run violates the installed IT Policy. You should work with your BES admins to resolve it...they may, after all, have a reason to forbid this.

If you are not on BES, then it's possible that your BB has a latent IT Policy...you can check via these instructions:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If you are not on BES and have an IT Policy, then you will want to remove it. You will start by conducting a full and complete backup...see the link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions. Once you have that, you can proceed with this:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

When you restore, however, do not do a full automated restore...rather, restore only those databases you require (e.g., contacts, calendar, messages) and especially avoid restoring any databases that have anything to do with IT Policy, Enterprise, etc...if you restore those, you'll just be right back where you started.

SGoodman wrote:

Does the Style keep a log of errors, so that I can see what kind of "secure API" the app was trying to access?

All BBs have an error log:

• KB29215 How to view event logs on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
SGoodman

I don't have an IT Policy installed. Also, trying to run the application doesn't result in any errors being recorded in the event log. I will try to contact USPS.

Thanks,

Shane.

Trusted Contributor
SGoodman

USPS Mobile has been upgraded to 2.0.3, and it is working now.

USPS never got back to me.

Shane.