Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
leewclark
My Device: Z 10
Accepted Solution

Unable to get the voice over wi-fiI to work in BBM 7

I downloaded BBM7 with voice.  However when I set up the wi-fi there is no icon in an open chat that allows me to use the voice feature.  Is this because my contacts have not downloaded BBM 7?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Unable to get the voice over wi-fiI to work in BBM 7

maybe. It takes two BBM7, both with WiFi and a data plan, to do BBM Voice.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
leewclark

Would this keep me from getting the Icon that would allow me to initiate voice chat?  That is actually the problem.  I have the icon that directs me to set up wi-fi, but once set up.  If I open a chat I do not get an icon for BBM Voice.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I don't understand your question. Do you have a BBm contact that also has BBM7 and Wifi ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
leewclark

That was actually the original question.  But I think I have my answer.  My sister downloaded BBM7 with wi-fi and the icon came up when I opened her chat.  So I think the answer is yes.  Your contacts must download it before the icon comes up.