Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Davidvdm
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Unable to receive pictures via BBM

I am unable to receive pictures via BBM, v.6.2.0.44

File xxxxxxxxx.jpg not found! The file has been deleted or renamed.

Please help.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Unable to receive pictures via BBM

Hello Davidvdm, 

Welcome to the forums.

Does this happen with all files you try to receive and from all contact or specific files and specific contacts? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Davidvdm

Hi, as far as I know only pictures, didn't get any thing else. I did try fix the problem my self. I removed the memory card and set the phone memory to be use and inserted the card again. I'm now able to receive pictures again but group pictures still don't save automaticaly like they used to.
New Contributor
Davidvdm

Hi Again,

Seems like my problem is back, I figured that when I remove the memory card all works perfectly, when insert the memory again the problem is there.

I found that this seems to be a common problem but am not seeing any solutions.

Please help??

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

first tty:

copy the content of your memory card on your PC, erase the memory card, insert it in the device, check that everything is okay.

then, copy back the content of the memory card back. When you do that, make sure to delete all the hidden files named BBThumbs.dat (there should be one in every folder that contains a media file).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Davidvdm

Ok I did as you said. For some reason I can't delete files of the memory card, I tried to format and ended up trying a partition manager to delete the partition and start from new. As wierd and worng as this is going to sound, after format, repartition and numerous times of deleting everithing of the memory card, when I remove the card from my pc and insert it again, all the files are back on and working perfectly. I was expecting it to go corupt as some point, but no luck.

I've never seen this before.
Guru I
Xandrex

on Windows, what tool are you using to format the memory card ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Davidvdm

I tried EaseUS Partition Manager 9.1 home edition. Its must be a problem with micro SD, when I delete stuff, its shows that its deleting it, and shows the free space, I add new files and shows that its taking up the space, when I remove it from my laptop and insert it again its back the way it was, new files gone and old file back
Guru I
Xandrex

use windows explorer to format the card.
you have tons of tutorials available on the internet, for example:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6766501_format-memory-card-blackberry-computer.html

New Contributor
Davidvdm

Formatting something is plain and simple, after 16 years I managed to get it right. Formatting from windows does not work. I used easeUS partition manager witch gives you the ability to do a clean format of the memory card during a windows boot up preventing things like viruses to access it during the format, it said the format was success full. When you get into windows the files are back. Then I tried to format it in a digital camera just for the sake of taking a chance, the format was also success full, when card is in the pc, the files are back. I treid using my BB to format, the says it can't. I think I might have a fualty memory card.