Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

silverlily_0530
My Device: blackberry 9860

Re: Unable to restore contacts using Blackberry protect

please help me..my younger sister unintentionally ran wipe data deleting all my contacts.how can i retrieve them all?i got BB9860..
any ways be appreciated..thank you..

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

silverlily_0530 wrote:

please help me..my younger sister unintentionally ran wipe data deleting all my contacts.how can i retrieve them all?i got BB9860..
any ways be appreciated..thank you..

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Restoring your data now depends on having a data source that is separate from your BB. Having a data source depends on previously (before the WIPE) having conducted something to backup your data to somewhere else.

• If you were using the free BB Protect, then that is a viable data source for restore.
  • If you used the free Desktop Software and conducted a backup to your computer, then that is a viable data source for restore.
  • If you were synchronizing with a desktop PIM (e.g., Outlook), then that is a viable data source for restore.

Ifyouusednothingtobackupyourdataanywhere, thenyou'vemigratedfromthelattertotheformerinthisoldsaying:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will

Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
karthikm
My Device: torch 9860

Hi guys ,I was faced the issue where iam unable to restore all the contacts ...please check the URL .http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=20197E9FDF9600844E8AB0A3E8FFB2F0?...

I followed the article and all my contacts are get restored ,later I performed enabling for the wireless synchronisation .

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik.M
lashup65
My Device: Blackberry 8900

Hi,

I had a contact list registered under someone else's gmail account. Not sure how I managed that, however I deleted the contact list by opening my contacts, selecting options and typing rset. BEWARE!!!!! This completely removed and locked my contact list. The contact list was empty and I could not add any new contacts. The Blackberry protect would not overwrite it!

To fix I backed up onto PC via Blackberry desktop manager, then completely wiped the phone by going to options -> security options -> security wipe.

I then installed blackberry protect which restored nearly all of my stuff, and finally did an advanced restore from Blackberry desktop manager where I restored everything apart form the address book. Worked a treat got everything except some messages I'd had in the morning. 

Mystry
My Device: curve 9360

Sometimes you also need to click on your contacts folder - menu - options - on the email addy you have been synchronising and untick it. 

Then it will allow you to restore contacts to your phone... :Clap:

messyjaja
My Device: Bold 9900

Thanks yo luketshelley, your info really help me a lot. I just do as per your advice and it's totally work. Good job dude. Keep it up. :smileyvery-happy: