Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
einmiitt
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to retrieve license key

I just purchased an application from the App Store (Quick Launch).  I had no problem paying for the application through PayPal.  However, the application will not download.  I consistently get the following error:

There was a probliem generating the License key for QuickLaunch.  Please try again later.  If the problem persists, please contact App World Support.

Has anyone had this issue?  Help?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jonand15

Re: Unable to retrieve license key

I got the same error trying to download Quick Launch.  Paypal has already charged me, but I get this error trying to finish the download through App World:

There were problems completing this purchase. Unable to obtain license key. Please contact Blackberry App World customer support. (Error Id: 30509)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gfvirshup

[ Edited ]

I just attempted my first purchase through the Blackberry App World of the Pocket 10C SE Scientific Calculator 1.10.0.0 for my Blackberry Bold .

I received a window that said:

There were problems completing this purchase.

Unable to obtain License Key. 

Please Contact Blackberry App World Customer Support. (Error ID 30509)

I also received an email from Paypal that my account was charged $6.99.

The main problem is that I do not have the software on my Blackberry Bold and I was charged $6.99 for that privilege.

I have since successfully downloaded other programs (for free).

How do I proceed?

Is this how to contact Blackberry App World Customer Support?!?

Message Edited by gfvirshup on 04-01-2009 08:31 PM
Message Edited by gfvirshup on 04-01-2009 08:32 PM
Please use plain text.
QuPop

[ Edited ]

I received the same problem you guys did and just emailed the developer

nikkisoft.support [at] gmail.com

Developers Website

Within couple minutes they replied back i sent them a copy of the receipt from paypal, device type and its pin and they sent me an OTA link. And now im enjoying the application.They did say things are pretty hectic for developers at this point and didnt know when the problem would be resolved.

Either way....

Kudos to the developer for responding so quickly!

Message Edited by QuPop on 04-01-2009 06:23 PM
Message Edited by QuPop on 04-01-2009 06:24 PM
Please use plain text.
Developer
Austinstephens

Yes!  This is a great way to contact Blackberry App World.  I am a vendor and have an email address at RIM, and they respond very fast.  I just don't know if the address is just for vendors. 

As a vendor I do know they care and help will be on the way! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
catsladder

I have the same problem except the application I am trying to download is FitDeck Mobile. I tried it multiple times and no good. I was also charged by PayPal.  This is on a Storm.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

einmiitt wrote:

I just purchased an application from the App Store (Quick Launch).  I had no problem paying for the application through PayPal.  However, the application will not download.  I consistently get the following error:

There was a probliem generating the License key for QuickLaunch.  Please try again later.  If the problem persists, please contact App World Support.

Has anyone had this issue?  Help?

I think you just have to do what is written : contact the App World Support. Click here :

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberryappworld.jsp

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
einmiitt

Wow... I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one.  It has put a damper of buying any purchases going forward.

Xandrex wrote:

I think you just have to do what is written : contact the App World Support. Click here :

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberryappworld.jsp

Before I posted, I did go to the Support site.  They allow you to enter your name and e-mail address, but the support wizard loops back to the support main page and doesn't allow you to enter a ticket
I just sent a message to the developer of the program, as mentioned above.  Hopefully that should resolve it. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
catsladder

Yep, me too. I went to the "support" link and there is nothing I can email directly to support. So I ended up here.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gfvirshup

Writing to the developer worked. Thanks for the idea. It took them only 2 hours but then I didn't write to them until 8 PM!

It still would have been nice if APP WORLD would have a customer service link that allowed email comments rather than a public comment board. 

Please use plain text.