Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
SafariRozay
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Unexpected error: java.io.IOException;Connection not writeable from WhatsApp

I recently got a BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 T-Mobile unlocked I was using a BlackBerry Bold 9000 AT&T unlocked but it crashed and now I can't seem to make whatsapp work on my Pearl, I don't know if its because its not a 3G phone like the Bold every other app works fine but, whatsapp is just not registering my phone number I have CCT Boatphone and I am using WiFi> PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

P.S I have upgraded my Pearl"s software to a 4.6.

"Rozayy"
Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Unexpected error: java.io.IOException;Connection not writeable from WhatsApp

On installation your WhatsApp gave you a network selection choice, did you choose your current/active one? Basically its not connecting to the internet because of network choice
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Contributor
SafariRozay

Re: Unexpected error: java.io.IOException;Connection not writeable from WhatsApp

It only asked me to grant
permission to allow the app, I did.
I also tired to delete it & reinstall
it reboot my BB, reset firewall I even went
On the whatsapp website to try &
Sovle the problem. I honestly think its because
My pearl isn't a 3G phone.
"Rozayy"
Contributor
SafariRozay

I am gonna reinstall it again. I also thought it might be because I upgraded my software which I am tempting to downgrade it to see if its gonna work. Cause I upgraded my Pearl before I downloaded whatsapp. I also saw couple users had that problem too when upgraded their BB whatsapp stop working and show that message.

"Rozayy"
Developer
ben1107

Ow, what version is your Pearl? Some systems are too behind and these programs are recent.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
Contributor
SafariRozay

Well its the 8220 I upgraded it to a newer 4.6 apparently only two upgrades are available for the pearl flip which think sucks & needs to be more. But the app says I can get this app because their requirements for blackberry are: 4.5 OS, BIS or WiFi, credit on your phone I have all except one that's BIS but only WiFi,but my Bold 9000 was only on WiFi too & it had no problem working. Idk what to do! I just reinstall it & it not sayin the message but its just saying "waiting for network".
"Rozayy"
Developer
ben1107

After install before signing in, change network settings to either the Wi-Fi or TCP/IP you use frequently. Also get the app from http://www.whatsapp.com/ota were it can read your OS and device and give you the correct app for download. I hope this helps and my apologies for the delay in response

Try my apps:
Contributor
SafariRozay

Well I will try this again and hopefully it will work. *Fingers crossed.

"Rozayy"
Developer
ben1107

Did it work?

Try my apps:
Contributor
SafariRozay

Nope... Now I'm having a next problem with this phone the keypad has gone nuts just yesterday, can you help me with this next problem now? Sigh...

"Rozayy"