Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
i-need-help-please
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Updating License Key!

Hi, I need help knowing how to update a license key for BeBuzz. I recently got a new blackberry bold 9780, because my old one had water damage. It is the exact same phone, and I am using my old SIM card. I installed BeBuzz on my new phone, and typed in my old license key. When I do this and try to unlock it, I get the message "The license code you entered is for version 3.x only. You will need a new activation code for version 5.x. See http://www.bellshare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=952 for our upgrade policy." Unfortunately, this does not help me at all. I do not want to pay for it all over again... can anyone help please??

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Updating License Key!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you obtained the app via AppWorld (you did not say), then you should be able to obtain a new license code...many license codes are tied to the BB PIN, which has now changed since you have a new BB...but you should still be able to use your purchased apps.

To re-install your apps, please see this KB:

• KB17625 How to install or transfer previously purchased applications from BlackBerry App World to a BlackBerry smartphone

For more registration key information, see this KB:

• KB18646 How to locate and enter the license key for an application purchased through BlackBerry App World

If, however, you did not obtain this via AppWorld, then you must inquire of the place you obtained the app from for assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Updating License Key!

[ Edited ]

Any app you purchase from Bellshare can be upgraded by requesting a new license key by email.  Just include your contact details and a new key will be sent to you.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

(Oops...just noticed that sdgardne mentioned that in his reply.  Apologies, sdgardne.)  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.